A Blue State of Mind
"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah
- Name: Debo Blue
- Location: The Western U.S, United States
I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!
Saturday, March 31, 2007
Monday, March 26, 2007
Manic Monday #2-Spring
I've been trying out my new Canon camera I bought with a bonus from work. Unfortunately this picture isn't mine but my friend Rachel's. My pictures are either too fuzzy, too light or too dark so I used one of Rach's.
An Arizona Spring generally lasts from March 3rd 'til March 12th, then it's Summer from March 12th until roughly December 31st.
Yep, after the 12th most of the flowers begin to lose their beautiful blooms, bouyant bogainvilla become sagging, parched looking shrubs and the only vegetation in our yard are tumbleweeds. This year I'm going to do something different w/my yard. I'm thinking about lacing the tumbleweeds with ribbons or fake vines just so my neighbours will stop leaving complaints w/the city that our yard is threatening their property values.
When my father was alive the yard looked so cute. Green grass, trees, rose bushes, mesquites. Now it looks like a scene from a Mad Max movie. Anyway, to those of you up there where snow and ice continue to fall, I raise my glass of iced tea to you and hope your Spring will quickly arrive.
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Horror Movie-Scene One, Take Two
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Monday, March 19, 2007
Manic Monday #1-Chip
Simply Successful Secrets
2. Wear cologne/perfume. Like most of you, I wear different scents for different reasons. When I want to be taken seriously I wear Armani Code. When I want to feel powerful I wear Quel Ques Fleur. When I'm particularly upbeat I wear Romance by Ralph Lauren or Givenchy. If I want to speak softly but carry a big stick I wear Vera Wang's Sheer Veil. When I'm just being me around the house it's anything from Bath & Body Works.
4. Speak to my mother. Nothing's worse (in my opinion) than a mother and daughter not getting along. I know there are legitimate causes, I'm not stupid, but it's still sad. I love my mommy and yes, most of her grown children still call her Mommy-leave me alone Dragon. My mother's pretty good and unique and I try all I can to spoil her rotten. We're only going to have each other for a season so I want my season w/her to be filled w/sweet days.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Something Cool-Check It Out
Thursday Thirteen #15
THIRTEEN QUOTES FROM WILL ROGERS
1. Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco.2. Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
3. There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman...neither works.
4. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
5. Always drink upstream from the herd.
6. If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Thursday Thirteen #14
Saturday, March 03, 2007
Family Friday #5
To Thine Ownself Be True
Okay, I'm in a dilemma. Well, it's really not a dilemma in the true sense of the word. I mean it's not a life and death type of situation. It's more about loyalties. Particularly my political loyalties.
I believe in the judicial process. As a matter of fact, my father drilled it in us kids to go out and vote every time the polls opened. My father was a voting zealot due in large part to the fact that he was given his first chance to vote at age 42. He wanted to make sure none of his children took for granted the precious rights we have in this country.
I'm struggling, for the first time of which candidate I'm going to vote for.
Should I vote for Barack Obama because he's Black and I'm supposed to support the Black candidate? Should I vote for Hillary because she's female? I don't know!
Senator John McCain has always excited me politically and I've actually worked on his previous campaigns so I guess you can say we have 'history'.
If I work for Hillary's campaign my family and some friends will think I'm not supporting the Brother. If I work for Barack's campaign some will feel I'm just following the black herd. If I work on the McCain campaign I'm not only a Clarence Thomas (read: sellout) but I'm confused and may have my Sistercard revoked.
Barack has made some good points but he's so new and we really don't know how he will perform as a Senator. Hillary's got the experience but some of her actions/votes have really turned me off. Mr. McCain is a Republican, and in my family that's synonymous with slave trader/cheat/Strom Thurmond/1950's America.
In true Debo Blue fashion I'll do whatever feels right to me. I can't please everyone and I can't live my life according to everyone else's rules so I may as well be true to myself.