A Blue State of Mind
"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah
- Name: Debo Blue
- Location: The Western U.S, United States
I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
Sunday, January 20, 2008
From Every Mountain Side, Let Freedom Ring!
1. "All men are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality."
2. "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
3. "It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can stop him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important."
4. "Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true."
5. "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
6. "Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars...Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
7. "Segregation is the adultery of an illicit intercourse between injustice and immorality."
8. "We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."
9. "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
10. "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
11. "Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."
12. "Now, I say to you today my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: -'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.'"
13. "...and I've looked over, and I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you, but I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land. So I'm happy tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man." This is Rev King's last public speech before being assassinated.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
TGSC-Thank God Saturday's Coming!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Star Light, Star Bright
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Happy New Year!!
So, what have I been up to? Pretty much nothing. My life's so boring right now I have to live vicariously through my neighbours, at least something's happening for them:-)
The Cowboys lost to the New York Giants. Does anyone know how bad I'm feeling? Suffice it to say there's a whole lot of stuff I'd like to write about the 'boys, all of it bad!!!!!!