A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

TGSC-Thank God Saturday's Coming!


I will have officially worked nine straight days, if I see tomorrow.

My room is a mess, the sink is full of dirty dishes, my dirty laundry is spilling out of my closet, I now share my bed with a laundry basket of clean undies, an overnight case that should be packed and stored, my diet has consisted of fast food or anything that won't spill while I'm driving to and from work.

Friday I will leave my laptop docked on top of my desk, I will pack my briefcase with my Franklin Daytimer, one planning deck, some Equal packets from the cafeteria and two memos that pertain to the deck.

Upon leaving work I will immediately pick up my niece "Butterfly" and my nephew "Mooka" and go to dinner.

Saturday I will awaken (if the Lord says the same), pack up the kids and go find yard sales, stop at the park and try to find a kite.

Saturday afternoon sometime we'll nap (because all that running around is sure to wear me out) then I will wash laundry, move some of that stuff off my bed so I won't have to sleep in a fetal position, get up to bake cookies with cookie cutters bought during the holiday sales, cook black beans and cornbread and squash. I'm trying new recipes.

Sunday we will arise (the good Lord willing) and attend church, then hurry to the grocery store for ingredients for next week's lunch. Then I will casually watch football while playing with the kids while cooking lunch. I'm pretty sure it will be the Patriots and the Packers meeting here next month, but since the 'Boys are out, the thrill is sorta gone. This was our year, you know?

Sunday night when the kids are returned to their mother I will try to read the afore-mentioned deck organize those memos and start on one of my new Robert Parker novels.

And then Monday I'll try to do it all over again, but only in five day increments. What are you planning on doing this weekend?

6 Comments:

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well honey, you know, it's that pesky bloggers cruise. wish you were coming along!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

January 18, 2008 6:18 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

sounds like a great weekend coming up, a good mix of fun and chores. I can relate to the 9 days of working. I've been so busy that I still have not taken my winter clothes out of the storage closet. I've been either freezing my butt off or wearing more layers than my body can carry off, I'm chubby enough to begin with!

January 18, 2008 7:36 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I won't be playing golf, it's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow.

January 18, 2008 10:53 AM  
Blogger fermicat said...

I was going to work on my bathroom project (was supposed to be a quick thing that was done in two weekends, but didn't turn out that way). But I won't be doing that for the same reason Dave can't play golf -- it is going to be way too cold in Atlanta to mix drywall compound, so everything is on hold.

January 18, 2008 12:16 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Since I have one of those schedules where my off days are in the middle of the week, I'll be at work. Nine days straight ain't nothin'. My longest stretch without a day off is 24 days. One of the nighttime guys may be needing surgery on a disc in his neck, which could return me to the night shift. I'm not looking forward to that.

January 18, 2008 2:53 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

For openers, I'm gonna try to sleep enough at a clip, that I can then stay awake for a lengthy period of time without wanting or needed a pick-me-up-nap! Just been really sleepy here the past couple of days. If that works to my satisfaction and I can stay awake well enough, I plan to sandwich in some research stuff along with the blogging/e-mailing and maybe even cook a couple meals in between for the family. (I haven't even felt at all like cooking or even eating this week either -just wish THAT aspect would show up somewhere on my scales in a lower number)

January 18, 2008 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home