A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Saturday, December 15, 2007


Everyone has images that evoke thought, make us feel emotions or just leave us speechless.

I remember the grief I felt when I saw the space shuttle blow-up, the first time. I remember how sad I felt when I saw the picture of the little Vietnamese girl running naked down her village's dirt road after being attacked.

The mule drawn carriage carrying the body of Dr. King, my aunt Grat lying in state after losing her long battle with heart disease and diabetes, John Jr. saluting his father's hearse as it drove by.

The joy each time I'm able to watch "Mooka" and "Butterfly" playing in water on a hot summer's day. The picture of the Triplets enjoying their first snowfall in Boise. My brother receiving his ordination as Pastor of my aunt's church. My two nieces "Bean" and "Shauna" graduating from University two years ago. Me sitting in front of the Eifel Tower and "Bean" in Tokyo.

I have beautiful white cups that I use for tea. I love to fill the cup with water, dissolve the sugar then place the teabag in the water held down by a spoon. The ensuing beautiful vision is that the tea will begin to slowly seep out of the bag and remain at the bottom of the cup, swirling into little dark, cloudlike patterns. My current new tea is The Republic of Tea's Pomegrante and green tea. It makes exceptional patterns and looks so relaxing.

I was going to mention the vision of the World Trade Center but that's another blog about emotions to painful to go in to tonight.

Another great image? Read Dave's comment in the previous post about December's past. He's so smart and puts things in to perspective. I'm his Number One groupie.

2 Comments:

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

another beautiful post! and i got that same tea at the wren's nest! have a great day honey!

smiles, bee
xoxo

December 16, 2007 7:10 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

How well I remember the images of the times you mentioned - they are embedded in my mind as some of the most painful things to have seen, to have lived through. I don't have any favorites teas - like a lot of the flavored ones though as a relaxing hot drink in the evening with my daughter - reflective moments there ya know. And Dave? Oh my yes, his blog is a great read isn't it?

December 16, 2007 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home