A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Friday, October 19, 2007

Yes I Need All of This to Cook!


I was visiting Dave's place earlier this week about a post on what to do with serving spoons when cooking, ordering cooking utensils and being a messy cook. I agreed w/Dave in that I use quite a bit of dishes and utensils when preparing even the basic meals. Don't know why but the good thing is I clean up after my mess thereby saving a few quarrels between my sister and I. Then I thought, "how interesting a post can I make simply by writing I'm a messy cook"? So, I decided to post my favourite recipes and detail necessary items.

At the risk of sounding as if I'm related to Emeril or Wolfgang, I should point out that these meals are the ONLY ones I'm a success at according to my family who has to help me eat this. And yes, I do use red pepper flakes for most of my meals. I'm a "hot mouth" and love heat in most of my meals. Here's a glimpse into my culinary prowess.


Spaghetti
-large non-stick skillet to cook the sauce
-1 cup to reserve pasta water
-large pot to cook the pasta
-tongs to stir pasta
-metal strainer for the pasta
-large spoon to twirl pasta
-fork to twirl the pasta (for tasting)
-small plate or saucer to sample the pasta
(Ingredients: spaghetti sauce, parmesan cheese, turkey sausage, garlic, sugar, stewed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, salt).


Menudo
-large pot to cook the stew
-cutting board for the onion, cilantro & lemons
-scissors to cut the tripe
-wooden spoon to stir
-knife
(Ingredients: tripe, pata (cow's foot), onion, garlic, salt, lemon, pig's foot (optional), hominy, chili powder, garlic or reg salt, red pepper flakes)


Turkey & Tofu Balls
-large plate to hold ground turkey
-cutting board to chop the onion & garlic
-large non-stick skillet to cook the tofu
-small pot to cook the turkey balls
-fork
-small plate or saucer to sample food
(Ingredients: chicken broth, ground turkey, tofu, Five-spice powder, wasabi powder, salt, white pepper, onion, black fungus mushrooms, red pepper flakes)
Picture courtesy of Cyberbrands

11 Comments:

Blogger Smalltown RN said...

those all sound like great dishes....my hubby loves food with some zing to it....I will have to try one of your recipes .....

October 20, 2007 6:51 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Debo
I can e-mail you the files for either the schmoozer award or for the TREATS award but I have a small problem doing that. I need your e-mail addy!
Or, you can simply right click on the award as shown in the post and save the image to your own file to and presto-magic, you've got it!

Now, when are you going to share the actual recipes -with amounts of the items you put in there?

October 20, 2007 7:23 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

You left out the spoon plate.

October 20, 2007 2:25 PM  
Blogger CaRo said...

Hi!
how are you? I´m a bit disapired in the net, because the study things...
But 'm back. I feel represented in your post, because I use a lot of utensils too when I cook. And let me tell you: I LOVE SPAGHETTI, and all kind of PASTA. That's my favorite food!

Bye bye...

CaRo

October 21, 2007 5:25 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Now I'm hungry. Spaghetti is my favorite food so if you freeze it, pack it and send it next day, I could get some by noon.

Sounds good to me.

p.s. - I was actually routing for the 'boys today. Miracles do happen. ;-)

October 21, 2007 9:20 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

RN-I'll have to send the recipes:-)

Jeni-I've been meaning to put my email address on this thing since Dave brought it to my attn. I'll leave it at your place.

Dave-good memory. I also left out the multitude of paper towels I use. Wet rags hold too much bacteria and scares me.

Caro-querida. Espero que tus clases son faciles?

Dragon-you cheered for my 'Boys? Don't try to get back on my good side after last week's comments. Ok, I can never stay mad at my little brother too long. You're spoiled!

October 21, 2007 10:33 PM  
Blogger H said...

HAHAHAHAHA
you're wicked, Debo.

I'm a messy cook too though, and have been reprimanded by my mum for my wasteful ways.

October 23, 2007 4:53 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

yes, I'm spoiled. ;-)

October 23, 2007 3:28 PM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

i love to cook and have utensils designed to reduce prep time. Pampered Chef carries a great line of utensils. I can use the same ones over and clean as I go to reduce mess/clutter.

great recipes...well, except Menudo cause I don't eat meat.

October 24, 2007 10:49 AM  
Blogger Black Doll said...

Gurl, do not feel bad I am a messy cook my damn self. I'm cooking for one and if you saw the the plates, forks, spoons, pots and pans your would swear I was cooking for an army

October 31, 2007 2:20 PM  
Blogger Black Doll said...

Gurl, do not feel bad I am a messy cook my damn self. I'm cooking for one and if you saw the the plates, forks, spoons, pots and pans your would swear I was cooking for an army

October 31, 2007 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home