A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Simple Pleasures


What an end to an incredible week.

No major events, just the simple, little things that make us glad to be us. Here's a short recap of my life this week:

>The Dallas Cowboys had an AMAZING season opener last Sunday against some other team up east. Their name slips my mind. Whatever, it's not important:-) And even though Tony Romo and the boys outplayed both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, the only acknowledgement had to be in Dallas 'cause the nation's sportswriters are a bunch of haters. Can't wait to see them in Phoenix in February for the Super Bowl. Remember, you heard it here first!

>My niece Nicole ended an eight year estrangement and contacted us. We're making plans to visit her. Dragon and the Meloncutter have invited us to visit while we're there. I don't know about meeting Melon though. I'm not sure if my family can put up w/all the farts, and y'all know Melon's farts are legendary. Maybe if we meet in an open, windy area.

>I had lunch with my long-time friend Esther after a nine month hiatus. Our relationship is one that has lasted twenty-seven years and we've never had a huge, ugly drawn out fight. Mostly because she's always been the mature one and wouldn't put up w/my temper tantrums.

>My little niece Butterfly has spent time with us these past few days. She's sooooo amazing! She's smart, beautiful and has a sweet personality. Next week she's learning email. Just kidding. We're still waiting on that first word. If she's anything like her Aunt Blue, it will be "me". Smart kid.

>While shopping in the mall I was looking at fragranced candles on sale when a medium height man walked up beside me. I thought he was looking at the display too so when the sales lady offered assistance he said, "Just looking". At that time I looked up and noticed he was watching me. I smiled then noticed he was wearing a brown tee that read, "I love fat chicks". Oh the things I was getting ready to say with my tart tongue but I just said, "Oh!" Turns out he's a dancer and wanted my phone number. I asked for his instead and the saleslady who was watching all this quickly pulled out her pen and took his number and gave it to me. I threw the number away, but I sure felt pretty for the rest of the day!

>I spoke w/my niece Wilhela over in Vegas. I was telling her about the Empress and how she was going through tests and treatments. Wilhela was confused because I was talking about Empress like I actually knew her so when I explained that Empress is a Bloggie, Wilhela sort of giggled. You know that "poor Debo, she's really lonely and pathetic" giggle youngsters do? Anyway, I was telling her how brave I think we all are 'cause we put all our personal business out here on the web and complete strangers stop by to give well wishes or opinions, like a small community. While talking to her I realized that I do think about all of you, even those who don't stop by anymore.

>And now I'm sitting here watching cartoons w/Mooka. He's seven now and doesn't like me to get all mushy with him. I haven't seen him since school started in July so this is a real treat. I was teasing him about buying him a Barbie set for Christmas because Barbie's so pretty and he should have pretty dolls. Of course this is an abomination to him because he doesn't play with dolls but you know what he said? "My baby sister's prettier than Barbie, you too, Debo". I love that boy. He's smart like his sister. Hope he can play for the Cowboys when he grows up.

6 Comments:

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh debo when are you coming? i am only here two more weeks! i would love to meet you too! but we will be back in the spring if you come then!

and thanks for thinking of me as a friend, bloggers are great friends and non bloggers don't understand this i don't think.

smiles, bee

September 15, 2007 5:34 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Funny you should mention that - about blogger buddies and such. I too talk to my kids about the people who are on my "favorites" list just like they are my next-door neighbors and good, close friends ya know. And, I worry about them too, just like friends, neighbors, family, when they're going through health issues, stressful times, share in their fun times as well. And, it's a great feeling to know I have friends in all these many places too. Isn't there a song about that? Some country-western thing?
By the way - Penn State won yesterday - third in a row! Yay, yay! ROAR, Lions, ROAR!

September 16, 2007 5:51 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

okay, not to ignite that spark that could destroy all that is our Big sis' lil bro love fest but.......

you do know who the Cowboys play next sunday night don't you?

Umm....I wonder if I'd be overstepping my boundaries if i ask for your phone number so that I can call you everytime we score a touchdown or every time Urlacher sacks Tony Romo??!!

It's on like pop-pop- CORN!

:-) don't you just love me?

September 18, 2007 6:11 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

p.s. - even if "we" lose to "you", you are still welcome to my city anytime ;-)

September 18, 2007 6:12 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Empress-I thought Podunk was a made up city. It's really Atlanta? Maybe we'll meet on a cruise!

Jeni-actually, it sounds like one of those hippy free-loving songs, but hey, I like the words anyway.

Dragon Dragon Dragon. After my 'Boys get through with your boys, you'll be seeing the Counselor for real services because the depression you're gonna experience when I start slamming you after the game will be legendary. Bring it on!

September 18, 2007 11:54 PM  
Blogger Lizza said...

It's the little things that feel so damn good and are so memorable. Lovely post, Debo.

I'm not choosing sides between you and Dragon, btw. ;-)

September 19, 2007 5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home