A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Memes #2


Meme #2 from Dragon is that I'm to find 7 words that begin w/the letter P that apply to me. Well, here we go:

Punctual-no matter the appointment, no matter the place, I hate being late! I feel tardiness, especially for a meeting, is a blaring demonstration of disrespect of my time. Another reason I hate being late is simply survival. Because of my wide girth, I want to be comfortable in meetings, especially at work. By arriving on time or slightly early to meetings, I'm able to secure a seat that's not located close to a byway or one that would cause others to have to go around me.

Performer-everyday I go to work to perform---in many different ways. First, I have to put on a fake face and pretend that everything's fine, that I never have bad days, that I'm glad to answer any question, no matter how STUPID. In this regards I'm a performer in that I'm performing a routine of wonderfully happy manager. Another way I perform is by driving my team to be the best performers in the Company. I don't do anything halfway. I'm not a mediocre leader and I don't expect my team to be mediocre performers. I place a high bar of success on my people and help them get there by showing up everyday happy to be there. See the circle?

Peaceable-I will never be accused of being disruptive, hard to work with, egregious or even troublesome. I was brought up in a very authoritative household where children were seen and not heard, and we are considered children until we're in menopause. Growing up, if I had any ideas or concepts not aligned to my parents, it wasn't heard. I went where I was told, did what I was told and never complained. When I became an adult with my own money and car, I was able to express my opinion, as long as I was out of my parents' earshot. I didn't start fights, walked away from fights and arguments and didn't incite arguments. After awhile I learned when to fight back and not be a doormat, but most of the time I'm a peaceble sort of girl.

Playful-I have a sarcastic-neck twitching-finger popping sense of humour. Couple this with a poker face when teasing someone and you would swear I was serious. I have put many a person in an awkward state by catching them in a joke or by carrying on a joke. My whole family is like this. We 'hit' each other w/some powerful barbs because we know it's only a joke. As a matter of fact, when my younger sister in law first met the family she thought we hated each other because of the teasing and sarcasm. We had to explain that we were just playing with each other and although she's been w/us well over seven years, we still don't tease her very much. But to everyone else, watch out!

Prayerful-like the Bible instructed, "Men ought to always pray and not faint." This was before MC Hammer's "We have to pray just to make it today" and both are still true today. The world is too horrible, disease and violence are too widespread, the threats of terrorism and of being outsourced too scary, the loss of my youthful good looks to ominous for me not to pray. Besides, that's my time to tell God how much I love Him and need Him etc so why would I want to miss that everyday?

Proud-I'm proud of my family in so many ways. My grandparents for rearing their children in a Christian home, my parents, aunts and uncles for continuing that tradition, my nieces in Vegas for hanging in there on their own, with little to no help from us, for my brother for becoming a pastor, for my mother for building her own home when my father was not supportive. Most of all I'm proud of me because sometimes it's hard out here for a fatty, no matter how smart, intelligent, well-liked and well-dressed she is. And rather than hide away from society I face each day with the same motto, 'If you can see it, you can kiss it!'

Passionate-cooking, Dave Baptista, purses, totes, the iPod, Dave Baptista, traveling, news, culture, art, music, Dave Baptista, being well-groomed, my family, education of at risk youth , saving money, taking care of my mother and Dave Baptista.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lizza said...

This is a great meme, and it's so nice to learn a bit more about you. And be reminded again of your passion for a certain wrestler.

I think you'd be an intimidating (but fair!) boss, and I like your sarcastic sense of humor.

Your Vegas posts made me hungry, btw.

September 08, 2007 1:40 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

thanks for playing Big sis. All of your answers sound very accurate despite the fact that we've never met face to face.

September 08, 2007 5:24 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Debo - stop by my blog and sign up for the new "friendship around the world" concept there! I think you'll like the idea behind it.

September 09, 2007 5:55 AM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Those are wonderfully powerful responses...I think I would work well being on your team....I went and checked out your flicker photos...you have a wonderful looking family....there is a bit of "attitude"...in a good sense that ooozes out of some of those photos....I love the hats as well....and who ever the little baby belongs to he is just adorable...actually to be honest I can't tell if it's a he or a she...the baby is just gorgeous regardless....cheers

September 11, 2007 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home