A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Random Thoughts

Day 6 after the attack and Sebastian's not eating. He will drink about a pint of sweetened water (laced with medicine) and last night he actually drank about a half pint of sweetend milk, but as far as eating his regular food or his favourite snacks (hot dogs, cheese) he's not touching it.

Today, during the heat of the day I washed him down as well as I could, making sure to clean his wounds w/o him passing out. The fur on his backside that was shaved last week is growing fast. It's amazing how quickly his fur grows. Because it's still very difficult for him to walk and stand, I had to wash him while he was lying down. I was able to get him to switch sides so I could do him all over. After I was done I gave him the pain killer and watched him relax and get "high".

Still no word on whether the pit bulls have been located or found. None of my neighbours have seen them or reported any. I know this is going to sound pretty mean, but Michael Vick, the quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons was indicted this week for killing pit bulls that didn't live up to his training standards. I've never really thought about Vick or the Falcons. I know that he's up against some tough times now, but in the case of him destroying pit bulls...I'd give the man a Congressional Medal for ridding the world of those nasty, horrible, destructive creatures.

But then, the other side of me completely agrees that he shouldn't have killed those animals just because they weren't as vicious and bloodthirsty as he thought they should be. And some of the methods he allegedly used was heartbreaking. Still...

So anyway, life goes on and we try not to worry about things until they get here. A "crossing that bridge when we get to it" sort of thinking, I guess. I hope Sebastian will get better or at least survive until my mother returns from Boise next month. I want the decision to put Sebastian down to be hers, not mine. I haven't called her to report the incident because it would just put a lot of worry on her. There will be plenty of time for that.

Okay, happy weekend everyone!

4 Comments:

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sending you and sebastian hugs honey.

smiles, bee

July 20, 2007 7:18 AM  
Blogger CaRo said...

I hope he gets well!!
good luck!

CaRo

July 20, 2007 8:06 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Just keep giving that poor baby all the love and attention you can pour out there and hopefully, as he heals, gets stronger day-by-day, he'll be back to normal soon. I can definitely empathize with the issues as you are feeling them at this time. Dogs or cats -other animals too that people may choose to have as pets become as much a part of our family as do the humans we have a blood connection to so I'm quite sure you're far from being alone in your worries about Sebastian. Peace, Debo.

July 20, 2007 11:35 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I hope S. is better.

I have so many mixed feelings about the Vick idiocy. I talked about the lawyer stuff in the post at my place.

My gut feeling is that he did what the indictment says he did.

If that is the case, forget that the animals that he killed, brutally, are pit bulls. Substitute Sebastian.

I am for the most part a pacifist. Might be a good subject for a post, the exceptions to the description.

Wanton killing by a human of another human or an animal sickens me.

I've killed fish, bugs and a fawn that I hit with my car.

I'm long over fishing. Bugs dying at my hand don't bother me much. I hated killing the baby deer.

July 20, 2007 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home