A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Friday, June 22, 2007

All Tuckered Out



I'm all tuckered out. I have worked longer hours than my fathers did picking cotton (ok, that's an exaggeration). I've not visited most of you the last few days because of time constraints and my being just too exhausted to try and do anything more strenuous than undressing and showering.


Let me tell you about my life these last few days. Got a minute? Good, 'cause this may be a long post.

I work for a company that handles "sensitive information". It's nothing like government secrets but it's handling information that should not be made to the public. In order to maintain the security of the information my company handles, employees are given access to this information only as it relates to their position. All employees signed agreements acknowledging we would work under surveillance while we're at work. This means every time I log into the computer, every time I enter or leave the campus, every time I use the telephone, every time I breathe in and out, I'm being recorded.

Blogs are especially a hot spot right now. I'd rather the company not know about my blog and because the company closely monitors our whereabouts online, I can't access Blogger because then they could find my account. I also can't read most of your blogs because of the content (i.e. nudity, off-coloured jokes, all the stuff that makes us individual blog owners) could cause disciplinary action. Except for Dragon's & Dave's sites, I don't access you from work. And when I do access the two above-mentioned, I'm anonymous. I have missed you all and hopefully things will return to normal quickly.

My company is undergoing very aggressive initiatives that requires a lot of imput from people at every level in the organization. I'm blessed that my leaders have chosen me to help review some of these changes for their impacts to my particular dept. This means I've had to reduce the amount of time I spend w/my direct reports. It also means meeting after meeting after meeting. Last Monday I sat in on a five hour meeting, then met w/my leader for an hour to discuss what happened in the five hour meeting. Then I had to go back to my team and see about them, or direct them to my peers for anything they can't problem solve on their own.

I have seen my work week change from apprx 42 hours per week to 55 easily. This doesn't include the meetings I've had to join from home via phone and the work I've had to do at home to prepare for other meetings. It's really gotten me behind in a lot of stuff at home:
>I haven't done laundry in two weeks. I now have two piles of clothes falling out of my closet
>I have eaten more McDonald's and fast food than I have in two years and I can feel it. I
should point out that McDonald's has an excellent Oriental salad that I've eaten almost
every day.
>I've drunk more Starbuck's than water and that too shows
>My Vegas pedicure has faded. I did re-apply nail polish to cover the new growth though.
I'm not that tacky to walk around w/undone toes
>I've not cooked my own lunch. Even eating those Ramen noodles when fast food was killing
me and everything else was unappetizing.
>I have about seven NY Times to read


So today, my day off, I stayed in the bed 'til about 9:30. Got up, cleaned the kitchen, cooked me some fresh salmon and lemon/garlic/blackpepper mashed potatoes, washed it all down w/cold water, read my NY Times and relaxed.


I thought about showering and running errands but it's going to be 114 degrees today so I nixed that and here I am, still in my night gown, unshowered and listening to my David Lanz page on Pandora. I've got a lot of stops to make today. Can't wait to see how you all have been doing.
CU L8R

10 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Thank you for being back. I was worried. Watch clicking my site at work. I've been upping the nude, nudist, nuder references in my posts.

You'd be amazed at the stupid traffic it gets. The newest Google search that places me high in the results is "working nude." Seems to tie in with your post, too many hours and not enough laundry.

Enjoy the weekend!

June 22, 2007 4:14 PM  
Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

glad to hear from you honey! be well and rest...

smiles, bee

June 22, 2007 5:41 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Like Dave, I too was getting worried about you, Debo! I know, all too well, about how easily management will up the hours required of their help. Healthy company should also mean healthy employees and putting in so much time at work that you have no time for yourself is not conducive to being a healthy employee. Too bad, for all the hype upper management often puts out about working safe, staying well, etc., it is only really so they have a warm body at every available spot, regardless of how that person may be feeling underneath the skin. Take care - especially with the fast food stuff - I know how you do try to watch your intake there, eat healthy wherever and whenever possible. Just glad to see you're back.
Take good care of YOURSELF now!

June 23, 2007 4:18 AM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

hey lady...glad all is well and that you managed to have a nice day off.

btw, regarding your comment on "Release the Thong!" that was the most adorable comment ever. Thanks for that; it put a nice smile on my face. If you'd like, you may copy it and use it in your church if you'd like.

June 23, 2007 10:59 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

I wasn't worried. Lil' brothers know when there's something wrong with big sis'sesses.

;) but i'm glad you're ok.

June 25, 2007 3:53 PM  
Blogger Spoon of life said...

You sounds bussssyyyyy my friend!!!

I hope you'll be able to relax a little bit this weekend...and WOW it is hot over there!!!

It was pretty hot in NY yesterday as well we were in the 90's...

Love to you!!!

M.

June 27, 2007 7:07 AM  
Blogger chelsea said...

I can't thank you enough for re-applying the polish on the toes. That is one of my biggest pet peeves!
Get some rest!

July 02, 2007 3:28 PM  
Blogger Spoon of life said...

Hey you...happy 4th my friend!!!

Have a blast!!!
M.

July 04, 2007 7:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a great 4th, Debo.

July 04, 2007 12:08 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Twelve days now. Happy Independence Day. Write something.

July 04, 2007 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home