A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Monday, May 28, 2007

Las Vegas Diary-Last Day


All good things must come to an end, so it is with the Vegas trip.

Church begins at 8am. If you're ever in Vegas and want to visit a great church, visit New Antioch Christian Fellowship at 3950 Las Vegas Blvd (702) 644-7373 under the leadership of Dr. Naida Parson, PhD. She's an excellent speaker and minister, the church is loving and they treat my nieces very well.

After service we go home and snack while waiting for the Hush Puppy to open. My niece Shauna suggests I buy a wig like the one she's wearing so we head on over. I thank the lady for playing Gospel music and she gives me $11 off my order! Hey!!

Next we get to the Hush Puppy. I order all-you-can-eat catfish and fried shrimp. I never get to Vegas and not eat here but today they're not serving all-you-can-eat boiled shrimp. I eat about two pieces of catfish, some green tomato "cha-cha", some hush puppies, a mess of friend shrimp and get sick. I mean the sick where you can't leave the cafe, you have to use the restroom there.

I think my body just got fed up with me putting all that stuff in there and decided to remind me who's boss. I made it out alive but was glad to get to the girls' home to really sleep before heading out to the airport.

I hate leaving my babies! But they're grown women now with lives of their own. I'm just so grateful and glad they temporarily put those busy lives on hold to see about me these few days. I'm glad they're all in the same church and they're each going to school to get their degrees. Shauna & Bean have graduated college, Wilhela's in a Nursing Program.

They drop me off at the airport, Bean & Shauna. Wilhela says she's too sad and depressed to come with us so she stays at home. Bean & Shauna are heading up some of tonight's activities at church which starts at 6pm so they can't be late. They drop me off at 5:30 and I make my way to the terminal. I'm not as depressed as I thought I would be.

The lines here are not long at all. The ground crew is nice, no one gives me any trouble. I meet a nice woman and we swap email addresses. Everything's pretty ordinary until this drunk guy shows up, but that's an earlier post.

I'm glad to be home. Just like Dorothy told Toto, there's no place like home.

If you check out my Flickr badge down on the left you'll see some of the Vegas pictures.

9 Comments:

Blogger Spoon of life said...

I'm glad you are back at home and that you had a good time...I'm off to see the pics:)

M.

June 05, 2007 2:16 PM  
Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

the photos are lovely! i enjoyed them all... glad you had a great time!

smiles, bee

June 05, 2007 3:40 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Debo,

I am alive. Next time you go, you have to at least put a dollar in the penny slots. I'll front the play for half the profits.

Sounds like you had fun!

June 05, 2007 3:41 PM  
Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Cute toes! I tried to figure out if any of the photos were of YOU?

June 05, 2007 3:51 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Debo - By the sounds of things, you sure did have a good time - with the exception of the getting sick eating catfish, shrimp and hush puppies. Now, if you're gonna get sick, at least make it because you had something bad like, gee I don't know, but not catfish, shrimp and hush puppies! See, I can't think of any foods I really consider bad so don't know what to tell you there but shrimp -oh my! I LOVE that stuff -and catfish and hush puppies too!

June 05, 2007 5:06 PM  
Blogger MartiniCocoa said...

Your VEGAS diary is making me hungry!

June 06, 2007 4:41 AM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

sounds like a fun time overall and the pix are great. thanks for taking me on vacation with you. *smile*

check out my post for today...i think you'll get a chuckle out of it.

June 06, 2007 7:04 AM  
Blogger Sugar said...

Well, I'm glad you didn't get too sad. Remember, they're only a plane ride away! :)

June 06, 2007 11:54 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

think your nieces would put me and the fellas up the next time we're in Vegas?

I SWEAR we won't be bad influences.......

i swear.

for real.

i promise.

look at my face......it's true.

;)

June 07, 2007 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home