A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Friday, July 06, 2007

A New Meme



Found this over at Lizza's and Melon's and decided to play along. I'm not tagging anyone of course. But if you wanna play...




1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Preparing for a birthday party w/25 of my closest friends. And figuring out how to stay cool.


2. What were you doing 1 year ago?
Preparing for a birthday party w/25 of my closest friends. And thanking the Good Lord for air conditioned cars, homes, offices and stores.


3. Five snacks you enjoy?
-Lay's potato chips in Limon or Plain
-Cherries
-Cheez-its
-Ginger Snap cookies
-Sliced cheese on tortilla chips


4. Five songs to which you know all the lyrics?
-Amazing Grace (traditional)
-Glory to His Name (traditional)
-I Need You to Survive (Hezekiah Walker)
-Everybody Ought to Know (traditional)
-Payback (James Brown)


5. Five things you'd do if you were a millionaire?
-Quit and find a job I like or become a philanthropist
-Buy a huge lakefront home in Id or Wy or Mt
-Continue to tithe
-Rent Necker Island for two weeks and fly my family there
-Buy a Hermes Kelly bag


6. Five Bad Habits?
-Eating shaved ice
-Not easy to forgive others
-Give too much money to family members, knowing I'll never see it again
-Can't stick to a diet
-Can't say 'no' at work

7. Five things I like doing?

-Reading magazines and news sites
-Traveling
-Eating shaved ice
-Trying out new restaurants
-Babysitting my niece and nephew

8. Five things I'll never wear again?
-Saddle shoes
-Girdle
-Beautiful white blouse that became see through when I began to sweat
-Jellies shoes (y'all know what I'm talking 'bout)
-My heart on my sleeve

9. Five favourite toys?
-Laptop
-Gameboy handheld I bought in the 90's. It still works so stop laughing:-)
-iPod (I have two now)
-iPod boom box
-Digital camera

And there you have it. If you decide to play, please let me know so I can hop over and read you.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

loved your MEME! Boy, does that "girdle" thing ever bring back some bad - really bad, uncomfortable - memories.
But the bit "things you'll never do again" - Wearing your heart on your sleeve - that one, Debo, I don't believe you'll stop doing that. What I've seen in your posts, I think you're way too soft, way too nice and sweet to ever stop doing that! Or at least I for one, hope you don't!

July 06, 2007 8:40 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Shaved ice as in Slurpee or just plain ole shaved ice?

July 07, 2007 4:22 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Jeni-one day I will. One day.

Dave-just plain old shaved ice. Can eat it all day!

July 07, 2007 10:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Why is eating shaved ice a bad habit.
I have traumatic nightmares of my mother trying to make me wear saddle shoes as a kid.
Great list. Maybe I'll do it, or maybe not.
Glad to see you posting again.

July 10, 2007 6:24 AM  
Blogger Lizza said...

Your Gameboy still works??? Awesome. And I second Sarala: what's bad about eating shaved ice?

July 10, 2007 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home