A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Memes-#1


I was chosen for two memes from Little Brother Dragon and Jeni. It's Thursday night, my Saints have been royally routed by Peyton and his Colts and I'm full of menudo. Why not do the memes while I'm in a good mood?

The first, chosen by Jeni involves Rules:

1. Copy and paste the story below, and the rules, on your blog.

2. Find out who you're going to tag. (2-3 people, or more, if you wish)

3. Write one or two sentences to continue the story, and use the titles of the blogs you're tagging or any word(s) associated with them as keywords in the links you include in your part of the story.
4. Remember to tell your taggees that you've tagged them!
I'm not tagging anyone but I want to see how creative I can be. Check out Jeni's site for a really great example of this meme. Maestro, please.

Once upon a time in a not so far away land a princess worked Behind the Counter of a big company that wanted to conquer the world. In an effort to fight the conglomerate, the princess befriended a Dragon who would help destroy the conglomerate. The only problem was the Dragon was too busy spending his days floating Down River and thinking of More Unimportant Stuff or Musing about Melons to be effective.

One day the princess grew tired of waiting for the dragon to get serious about his tasks of defeating the conglomerate. "Baaa!", she exclaimed and left in search of someone else to help her cause. She decided to visit the great Empress for advice but when she arrived at Empress' a note on the door advised visitors that the Empress would be visiting Carito's World for the next few days and could not be reached.

Dismayed and feeling almost dispirited, she remembered, "Hey, I Am Woman!, not a little Sarcastic Fringehead. I can do this by myself" Armed with a camera borrowed from Sarala and other ammunition picked up from Sugar's, she marched off to vanquish the conglomerate. Sadly, the princess was badly beaten by the conglomerate and was sent to the Unemployment Cafe.
Picture courtesy of www.suburbanchicagonews.com

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Woo hoo! Very good response to both Memes Debo! Thanks too for the words of encouragement about my little Princess, Maya. Here's hoping the potty training won't take us seven more years ya know but well, if it does, it does. The happenings this week though, the first positives in that aspect, do have us getting our hopes up a good bit, ya know!
Have a great weekend, stay punctual, perform your best and be the sweet pleasant persevering person we all know you to be!

September 07, 2007 5:46 AM  
Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

good linkey love!

smiles, bee

September 07, 2007 2:21 PM  
Blogger Lizza said...

Haha! Great story, but sad ending. :-(

Thanks for the mention. :-)

September 08, 2007 1:37 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

lol....awww, you made me sound so irresponsible and unreliable.

I love destroying conglomerates!

September 08, 2007 5:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I'm doing a little light reading and there I am. I feel almost famous.
Happy memeing.
Sarala.

September 12, 2007 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home