A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Las Vegas-Part Two




Day three and we're getting ready for the baby shower. Bean's been up since 7a cooking Spanish rice (arroz) and beef enchiladas. Wilhela is nervous that no one will show up (pregnant nerves all over the place), Shauna's wondering how we're going to transport two large ice chests, two fold out tables and all that food. I'm wondering why my three genius nieces thought to have the baby shower outside. In August. In the middle of the day.

So, Jenny comes over w/her SUV and they start piling things in. All that's left for me to bring is the veggie tray. We're off and Wilhela's becoming more nervous by the minute.

I can understand, it's nerve-wrecking knowing that people are doing things just for you. But if no one else shows, she has her sisters, her sister's best friend, her favourite aunt, and her boyfriend's sister to keep her company and eat.

We get to the place and it's huge and shaded and the wind's blowing, Halleluyah!! I won't have to go to hospital for heat exhaustion!! God really loves me, y'all:-D

So, with the wind really blowing, we decorate and people start showing up. The shower was awesome. Wilhela received wonderful gifts but not enough clothes for the baby. So, I ordered some and had them shipped. While I was in Vegas we went to Burlington Coat Factory and Wilhela chose the bassinett SHE wanted (long story) and I bought some extra blankets.

After the shower Bean and I had our toesies done (I'm seeing a trend here). This time I went with a daring red, a colour I seldom use because I don't want to draw too much attention to my fat Flintstones feet but hey, you only live one. So without further ado, here are my newly coiffed and painted feet.


DAY 3

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

"Fat Flintstone feet" huh? I dunno Debo but I think your feet look pretty doggone awesome all painted up and fancy like that. I could never do that as my toes are way too ugly!
Baby shower sounds like it was a fantastic event though and glad you all had a great visit too.

September 01, 2007 11:08 AM  
Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

nice toesies....

smiles, bee

September 01, 2007 1:44 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Oh by the way, Debo, I answered your question in my comment section on my post tonight Be sure to stop by and read it!

September 02, 2007 7:58 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

The only thing I know for sure is your toes look much better with daisies on them than mine would...

I'm pretty sure of this.

September 05, 2007 6:12 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

didn't you get your toes done last time you were in Vegas? That's gettin' to be a tradition huh?

How about picking up a nice souvenir for your favorite Dragon, when is that gonna become a tradition? ;)

Pleeeeaaaasssseeee....

September 05, 2007 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home