A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Saturday, December 15, 2007

My Favourite Things


Each Christmas and birthday I send out my want list. Some people think it's too presumptious to do that but when you're self-absorded like I am, people's opinions of how I get my gifts don't mean too much. Besides, why have people scrambling, trying to figure out what to buy you when you can just send a list of about 30 things you really want, hey? (That Canadian "hey" is a shout out to the memory of fellow Blogger Bob Johnson whose wit and dry humour is missed, even now). I'm glad that I forwarded his newsletters because I have copies of them to read every now and then.

So back to my list of favourite things:
-Tea. I love tea, any kind. I go to my local World Market or a grocery store and load up and the different and mysterious flavours each winter.
-Books. I love reading more than anything but music. Mysteries are my favourite, followed by cookbooks of foods from diverse cultures/countries.
-Music. iTunes was created for me! Finding some of my favourite oldies that I can download without having to buy the whole CD is awesome!
-Scented candles. Most women love candlelight. Make that scented candlelight and we've achieved Nirvana:-) I don't like food or vanilla scents. The fresh citrusy, mint scents really get me there:-)
-Cooking utensils. I had to start cooking, really cooking last year so this is still new frontier. I'm sure I'm not the only woman who had to learn to cook at middle-age so stop laughing.
-Crackers. I love cheeses so finding the perfect cracker to eat with cheese is a fun experience. Any cracker except the traditional saltines will do.
-Cheese. You need something to put on the crackers, hey? I must be channeling a Canadian ancestor. That or Bob's around here somewhere:-) Cheese spreads, pate, cucumbers, pesto, hummus are things I love to spread. The spicier and stinkier, the better.
-Handbags. What woman has enough? I've got my eye on the new Carly bag from Coach. I love most of Coach's new line of totes and I can always use another anytime.
-Cologne. I am a woman of many moods. Trust me. I am as moody as hell! So, I need something that can match me and keep up with me so I have distinct scents for each mood: when I'm being professional and meeting with the boss-Quelques Fleur. When everything's fine and running smoothly-Midnight Rain. For the contemplative, quiet days-Sheer Veil. When I'm kicking butts and taking no prisoners-Code.

So there you have it. Let Julie Andrews sing about puppies and string. I'm not ashamed to declare I want it all:-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I'd get you a spoon holder, but we've covered that.

Crackers? I love good cheese; but, I've never thought much about it coupled with it's carrier. Usually, a chunk of whatever it is makes me happy.

I'm assuming you aren't talking about what goes on top of a burger.

Tell me, what adds to the cheese experience?

December 15, 2007 1:18 PM  
Blogger Lucinda said...

Nice list. I'd have one thing on mine and that's german chocolate.

December 15, 2007 6:28 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Dave-I can't tell you abt the cheese experience. I'd have to email it to you;-)

Fleur-can't get used to chocolate. I'm definitely not a chocolate/sweets eater.

December 15, 2007 10:29 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I await the promised promise of cheese.

December 16, 2007 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home