A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Saturday, November 24, 2007

An Exhausting Month


It's probably evident from my lack of posts this month that I've been away from my posting duties. I'll give you a recap of some of the events in my little bitty part of the world in my small, full life.

I've accepted a position in my company that's a lot more challenging. I had to be coaxed to leave my comfortable position and join this new team that the two previous leaders unsuccessfully led. I'm not sure what type of change I can bring about but I'm going to give it the college try.

Joining the team, leaving my team, moving desks, changing my work schedule has impacted my sleep, meal and bathroom schedules. And while it should be an easy thing to accomplish, training my body to a new bathroom schedule has been difficult and humourous.

My mother has developed a skin condition that is worrying us silly, especially because she refuses to go to the doctor. Someone, tell me how one of the smartest, most sensible-thinkers in the world suddenly develops a fear so intense that she'd rather allow this thing that could probably have been contained w/medication almost encompass her whole chest area? My mother has never shown the fear that she's shown this past month. And no matter how much I've ridiculed, cried, teased, threatened or bargained, she didn't budge. Finally, miraculously, she has made an appt w/her doctor next week.

Without giving too much information, one of the members of my new team was viciously attacked and murdered by her husband. It appears the couple had been having troubles and had divorced and remarried only to end in this tragic way. So imagine coming to a new team and this happening. Think of all the stuff I had to contend with.

On a positive note, I've been able to spend more time with my niece and nephew! This has been the highlight of my month. We've baked brownies (they were horrible), gone to the park, shopped, visited and had fun!! There's nothing like being able to walk away from confusion and fragmented relationships to come home to two beautiful children and a peaceful home life.

So, as Melon commented in the previous post, I'm thankful that even though my Thanksgiving meal was spent away from most of my family, my mother is still here, my brother is in a peaceful relationship, I was able to see my niece and nephew again this weekend, and I have my health and strength. And that's enough, right?

6 Comments:

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i am sure you can handle the situation. gosh, murdered? how awful!!! now THAT will make you sit up straight and think, huh? good luck with the new position...

smiles, bee

November 25, 2007 6:47 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

And, and, you have two posts in three days.

November 25, 2007 12:03 PM  
Blogger Lucinda said...

Good luck with the new job :)

November 25, 2007 12:24 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Oh, Debo - what a month full of too much of everything rough to deal with. Hearing of domestic violence, especially when it ends in this way, is always terrible to deal with -regardless of whether directly or indirectly when it impacts us.
The new job - congrats there, girlfriend - I have utmost faith you will work through the issues and come out on top!
And I can't imagine you having anything to do with brownies that turned out terrible!
I'm glad your Mom finally decided to contact her doctor - always best to have these things checked out fully. Hopefully it will be something minor that clears up in short order too!
Now -go enjoy the time with the kids and get your work stuff organized so things stop getting in the way of your blogging! Orders from Grammy J here on that one! Okay?

November 25, 2007 11:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The murder sounds frightful. What a way to start a new position. Good luck to you.
I've been away from the blog a lot too. A belated happy Thanksgiving.

November 26, 2007 7:58 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Empress-I hope you'll let my parrot join the cyber cruise?

Dave-three posts in four days! When you're hot....

Thank you Le Fleur! Pray for me, 'kay?

Jeni-those brownies were so bad even the neighbourhood kids refused to eat 'em. I'll keep trying though;-)

Sarala-one of the toughest events to deal with at work, I'll tell you. Glad to see you visiting:-)

November 28, 2007 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home