A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Just Random Thoughts


Sitting here, perusing my faves and reading my news sites and I started thinking:

-Teen pregnancy is down but teen violence is up. Does this mean our teens are becoming too violent to have sex?

-Every other day in the news we hear one of the candidates or members of their campaign have made racial or religious slurs against candidate Obama. Are these desperate attempts to win votes or just cleverly disguised racial taunts?

-Are there any Black people who live in Iowa?
-Should Jessica Simpson be banned from future Dallas Cowboys games? Especially after wearing a pink # 9 jersey?

-Now that States are considering an end to the death sentence, shouldn't we send those felons to Iraq & Afganistan and bring our soldiers home? I mean how much are we supposed to do for hardened-not-safe-for-the-public people?

-Speaking of death row inmates, if they develop a deadly disease, should s/he be medically treated or allow the disease to take its course?

-Why do clothes dryers only break down during winter months? When every towel in the house is dirty?

-When I joined my current company some 20 years ago, I thought there were a lot of old people in management. Today, most of management is in the mid-30 to 40 range. Twenty years aog I th0ught they were too old, now I think they're too young. Is this normal?

-Why is it that when a person dies, the ones doing the loudest crying and wailinng at the funeral are the ones that never came to see them? That happened at my daddy's funeral-my niece who lived right here in town never came to see him unless she needed money or a place to hide out. When I stopped all of that, she shows up at the funeral acting like she's trying to be nominated for Best Actress by hollering and acting all up. And I know I'm not the only one who has seen this:-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Smalltown RN said...

A lot of really good questions....I wonder if the answers start from within...if we can ask ourselves why we feel the way we do...why we get angry when we do...why we would want to wish anyone harm....when we can answer some of those questions then maybe we can start to understand the rest of the human race....and find some empathy

December 22, 2007 5:39 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Well Big sis, I have to admit that I was guilty of the last thing at my grandfather's funeral. I hadn't seen him in so long while he was sick that at the funeral all of this guilt just surfaced and consumed me.

Now I didn't go all uber-dramatic but I did breakdown a little and had to walk away to be alone (until my lil' brother came to find me).

So maybe that's what happened to your niece, a healthy dose of guilt?

maybe?

December 22, 2007 9:12 PM  
Blogger H said...

But that can't be a viable solution - sending felons out to another country to fight a war... if they are hardened not safe for the public people, it's even more unfair to let them loose on an already traumatised war-ravaged region...

About death row inmates developing deadly diseases... I'd say they should be treated, because the death sentence is not meant to be long drawn out torturous process.

What do you say debo dear?

December 22, 2007 10:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If Farts smelled like roses, would we walk around smelling each others butts?



Later Y'all.

December 23, 2007 2:31 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Smalltown:
Dragon:
H:
You've each left very thought-provoking responses and I appreciate your helping me consider new ways to think about situations.

Melon: never mind:-)

December 23, 2007 4:34 PM  
Blogger Black Doll said...

Hey Debo,

Love the questions.... they are indeed thought provoking. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

December 24, 2007 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home