A Blue State of Mind
"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah
- Name: Debo Blue
- Location: The Western U.S, United States
I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!
Monday, January 29, 2007
Friday, January 26, 2007
Family Friday #2
These two beauties are "Wilhela" and "Mouse". They both grew up in Idaho but now live in Nevada and Washington respectively. I miss them both but I'm very glad they're leading positive lives.
These are all nieces. See the variance in age? This is Mari, Selena and Wilhela.
My niece and nephew, each other's cousin.
This is 'Bean'. "Shauna's" sister.
These are "Shauna", my sister "Niece" and "Wilhela". Niece is their mother.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Some Things On My Mind
~Why do we fat women continue to wear unflattering stretch clothes? I'm a biiiiiggggg girl and I don't want to wear anything that will cling to me like saran wrap. I don't want the world to see every cellulite lump, every roll of thigh fat or every fat indention on my body. I'm not saying big girls should wear a tents. We should just take better care and find something that's flattering to our body types. We have more choices than ever nowadays so there are no excuses for our clothes lfitting like a leotards.
~Do we really have to have something in common in order to post on others' sites? There are many sites I frequent because I enjoy the sites, not because I have anything in common w/that site owner. C'mon!
~Why do family members try to make you feel guilty for your success and try to guilt you into paying for their sorry a$$es? I know how Oprah feels 'cause some of my relatives made their mistakes (losing jobs, not saving) and expect me to bail them out financially because I kept my jobs and saved my money. My family thinks I'm the biggest b-tch because I'm not supporting them. Yeah? Like I shared w/my little brother Dragon, ever seen a dog w/ticks and fleas? They're always itching and scratching but can't rest. Get them losers up off you and lay down in peace!
Again, just my thoughts and opinions.
Thursday Thirteen #10
2. I bought a Canon A450 camera. I know nothing about a camera but was so influenced by the pics at Blogaway's and East of Oregon's I thought I could do this too. I've discovered I'm gonna need classes on handling this little silver beauty.
3. My boss really wants me to actually work while I'm at the office rather than build relationships.
4. There is a place called Amanpulo that's so beautiful it makes me long for sun-filled, slow lazy days on a pristine white beach where the only care is what's taking the waiter so long to bring the next drink. Discovered this over at Lizza's place.
5. There's a website that lets you create your own radio station. It's called Pandora.com and it's absolutely fantastic. You simply type in the name of a favourite artist (David Lanz, Tye Tribbett) and it finds music along the same genre. You can rate the song and if you don't like it the song will stop playing. Like YAHOO music, you can only reject so many songs per hour but it's still awesome.
6. No matter where you are in the world, that's where you'll be so get used to it and start living.
7. There are some very talented soldiers defending our rights and our freedoms. Salutes to Sarge for introducing his readers to this brave young soldier. Discover his prolific and amazing writing style for yourself. Look for his Walking on History post.
8. It's really not safe out here for us. Two days ago my company advised us of the theft of several company laptops containing our personal information. The company suggests we monitor our credit history with the three reporting agencies to prevent any harm to our CBRs. Man oh man. Makes me wanna go back to using cash for everything.
9. No matter how fat you are, people will still try to sneak a peak down your blouse. I'm buxomly blessed and was wearing a sweater that was buxomly-challenged so there was cleavage to be seen from blocks away. I can't remember the last time I had so many visitors to my desk.
10. Even though I know we have a lot of troubles in this country, I still get prickly when other countries criticize US. I don't agree with everything going on but I don't want to hear outsiders snip away at US. President Bush is MY president, Homeland Security is my government, Ford Motor company is a U.S. company. This is MY blog. You're entitled to my opinion.
11. When a family member's going through a divorce, the WHOLE family goes through the divorce. I usually babysit my nine month old niece on my days off but because everything that's going on w/her parents (read: things are getting uglier and nastier) my visits with her have been cxld tfn.
12. Parents grow old and feeble and it's up to us-the strong and the capable-to care for them. Don't just wait for your parents to ask you to help or allow your snarky relatives to handle your parents' finances or healthcare. YOU start helping with the bill-paying. YOU go in with the doctor to hear what's really going on. Yeah, you've got a lot of things to do: raising kids, completing your education, working full time etc. But these are your parents!
13. You can't please everyone so you may as well please yourself. Isn't this a song?
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Thursday Thirteen #9
I don't have children, one of my biggest regrets. I've always wanted to have children and as long as I can remember I have saved names for my little girls. At different stages in my life I had names for my children. When I was a teenager I found names after some of my favourite authors. After graduating college the names were more retrospective. During my 30's they were of my travels. In my early 40's when I thought I still had time they were tributes to my relatives. Now, they're just bittersweet daydreams of what could have been.
PS-this beauty is my niece "Butterfly".
1. Autumn Hope
2. Summer Joy
3. Bethany Elizabeth
4. December Carole
5. Kennedy Olivia
6. Carrington Alexandria
7. Hyacinth Rose
8. Effie MaeGratis Wyonna
9. Wyonna Darlene
10. Asia Beijing
11. Paris Wilhelmina
12. Brooklyn Arniece
13. Dominica December Effie
Friday, January 12, 2007
I've Been Tagged
1. If you had to choose one vice in exclusion of all others what would it be?
2. If you could change one specific thing about the world what would it be?
There be easier ways of getting medicine to everyone.
3. Name the cartoon character you identify w/the most.
4. If you could live one day in your life over again which one would it be?
5. If you could go back in history and spend a day w/one person who would it be?
6. What is the one thing you lost, sold or threw away that you wish you could have back?
7. What is your one most important contribution to this world?
8. What is your one hidden talent that nearly no one knows about?
9. What is your most cherished possession?
10. What one person influenced your life the most when growing up?
Mommy. Don't keep wishing for the right time to live life. Live it now because time's gonna keep passing you by.
11. What one word describes you better than any other?
I don't know anyone to tag this so sorry.
Family Friday #1
This is what I was expecting (hoping ) Boise to look like when we got there because that same storm that had dumped so much snow on Denver had passed through Boise first. It didn't. While we were there no measurable snow fell.
I remember when these little girls....
....Used to look like these little girls.
The first picture are my nieces, these are a niece and cousins' children.
This is pretty hard work! Maybe by next week I'll be better at this.
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Thursday Thirteen #8
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Divorce Hurts Everyone
Monday, January 08, 2007
Monday Musings #2
Thursday, January 04, 2007
2006 Most Memorable Meme
Thursday Thirteen #7
THIRTEEN THINGS I LEARNED LAST WEEK