A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Monday, March 18, 2013

What's Cooking?

So, I've been vacationing for the last week, I'm on my 2nd week now.  With everything I listed on my vacation "to do" list, I knew trying out new recipes would be at the top.

The first dish I tried is this chicken with rice and vegetables in the slow-cooker.  Anyone know good words to describe dull, bland and mushy? This dish is indeed a fiasco. It's not well seasoned although I followed the recipe: salt & pepper to taste, all spice, chicken broth, can of creamed mushroom soup. The rice is mushy and has a texture more like wet newspaper, the chicken thighs (skinless) are stringy. Here's a pic:

Mushy, bland and dull. And I have to eat this!


The 2nd dish I tried fared a whole lot better! Like the first dish, this was quick and easy to make. It's ground turkey, tofu and frozen vegetables.  A creation I call turkey, tofu and mixed vegetables. For this dish I used, pepper, sesame oil, garlic black been sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce and garlic. Very small amounts of each because the fish and soy sauces are very salty and the black bean sauce is both salty AND spicy.

Hands down,  the best recipe!

Here's a view without the flash.

Now THIS dish I won't mind finishing. 

When the kids get here Thursday we're baking bran/apple/banana muffins. I'll let you know how they turn out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home