A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

And So Here We Are

And so here we are with lives without Robin. I've not posted since his burial services because
a) I've had family in town for the funeral
b) I've not been depressed, just sad about the loss so my blogging mojo had waned

Here are a few pics of the military burial. This was my first time at a military burial so I didn't know what to expect. The dignity and dedication demonstrated by the personnel was outstanding. My cousin would have loved to have seen this.


Gun Salute! I wonder if they used real ammo?



The two elderly soldiers read beautiful poem and moving prayer


Mournful sound of Taps played by this soldier
The presentation of the flag. 


1 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

So true, your words about the dignity and dedication involved in a military funeral. No matter how calm I may be at a funeral of this type though, as soon as they begin to play Taps, I begin to lose it and the tears are an automatic reaction then for me.

January 31, 2013 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home