A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

We're All In This Together


I was over at Dianne's place this morning, catching up on her posts and saw this latest post  and thought "How true!"

I don't know when or if mankind will ever understand that we need each other to survive. I don't mean in the 'humans as tools' sense of the phrase, just that we can't make it without each other.  

No man or woman is an island. Every now and then we need to touch someone else, we need to hear someone else speaking to US, and we need to know someone loves and cares for US.

Here's my challenge to you today: talk to someone, or let someone talk to you.  Go on, engage your elderly neighbour, chat up the school crossing guard while you wait for your children, ask someone how they're feeling.  

And if they respond to you, consider yourself lucky that they needed you right there, at that particular place in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home