A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Friday, December 07, 2012

Renewing Traditions

Last night, after a light dinner and another stop at the always tempting Papyrus in Kierland, I addressed approximately 68 Christmas cards.  I've not sent cards in a very long time, this is another demonstration that I'm healing emotionally in this regard and I'm very happy with my progress!  

What started out as a chore soon escalated into a fun event complete with sipping hot chocolate, listening to carols and reminiscing about previous Christmas celebrations.  There was one instance where I couldn't stop the tears, but it was short-lived and didn't ruin the evening.  I've learned that it's best to let those emotions flow, rather than hold on to them. 

If you don't receive a card from me, it's because I don't have your address:-)

Four different sets of cards. Each of the beautiful and sparkly!


The requisite cuppa hot chocolate complete with peppermint chips! Yummy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

I had decided back in November that this year was going to be the year I stopped sending cards at Christmas. I said that last year and ended up sending out around 50 cards. Not gonna happen that way this year I told myself but then, this past week, I saw a box of 32 cards -assorted -and thought, "Maybe I can pare down my mailing list and send Jacque Lawson cards to those on my Facebook and e-mail lists?" Next up -getting brave enough to start signing and addressing those snail mail cards. Then I'll remember the real reason I was going to stop doing this. I get writer's cramp within 5 minutes of the first card being written out! But Peace and Joy -and lots of love -may they all be yours this Christmas season!

December 08, 2012 6:17 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Hugs and kisses Jeni! I'll accept your ecard any day!

December 09, 2012 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home