A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Monday, October 29, 2012

My Trip to Italy - My Diary

Day One: Friday 9/7

The airplane screen confirming our arrival to Barcelona

It's finally here. I've saved and planned and prayed and it's finally come to pass!  Of course it's rainy and cool here in Phoenix on the day I'm leaving.

Jamela looks wonderful but she's already missing her heart - Ricky.  I'm going to miss my iPad and the use of my phone more than I'll miss anyone else. Ain't that sad?

The plane from Phoenix to Miami is not full so I'll get a refund for the extra seat. Yay God!

In Miami we pick up Bean at the airport. She still looks like a little girl to me. Especially with that pillow in her hand lolol!  Why, oh Lord, does she have to carry that pillow on all of her trips?  OMG! LOLOL!

The flight to Barcelona is not full either, praise God!  The seats though are so small it's criminal.  They've crammed all of these bodies on this ill-fitted plane and it proves to be the longest, most miserable plane ride I've ever taken. Ever.
Here's our section of the plane. See how small it is?

The plane is freezing cold. I've wrapped two blankets around my body for the full flight. My neck's cramped, my butt's on fire, my legs are swollen and tight and there's a migraine promising to knock out my frontal lobe if I don't attack it with acetaminophen.  When will this flight ever end?

Finally in Barcelona. I'm all smiles now!

Finally! On the ground and I didn't pee my pants!  The Barcelona airport looks like every other airport - lots of glass and 1/4 mile from Baggage Claim. One good thing though is there are many rolling sidewalks so it's not that bad actually to get to BC.

There's a shuttle waiting for us! We almost missed it but the Holy Ghost told me to ask some of the other cruise workers how to get to the hotel and the Spirit guided us right to the lady waiting for us!  God is good to us!
You'd be able to see more of the suite but my big head kept getting in the way hahaha!

A portion of our suite in Hotel Melia

The lobby at the hotel MelĂ­a is crowded with other cruisers but it's nice.  All these folk from all over the world.  I didn't know so many cruise lines made Barcelona their port. Good to know for future reference.  Our room is a suite and very modern. 

We each agreed that we needed naps after the flight and it was wonderful to sleep lying down on a great bed. Later we toured the city via the city bus.  We didn't know where the but would take us so we ended up at a mall. Oh well.

Me and Mouse wait for the bus

Bean and Mouse at the mall

The streets of Barcelona

Most every room had its own balcony

As we walked and toured, I expected to see a lot of stares and pointing fingers but no more than what I experience every day at home or in the States, so I guess big people aren't such big deals here. Although I never did see an obese person the entire day I didn't allow my insecurities to overwhelm me. I carried myself like a queen so this may have intimidated some, I don't know and don't care. I was left alone, thank God!

After dropping our packages off in the suite we ate at a great Japanese restaurant not too far from the hotel, then walked across the street and had ice cream. The owner had already closed but saw us with our lips hanging out and our eyes silently pleading for benevolence and  opened just for us lolol!

Tomorrow's embarkation day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Well, it's about time you posted something here! And glad it was your sharing of your adventures overseas too -complete with photos -an added treat! Keep it coming, Debo! P.S. I loved the pictures of you -big head and all! Me thinks the lady doth complain to much about herself though.

October 30, 2012 5:48 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Thank you Jeni! I was wondering when you were going to meander over this way.

October 30, 2012 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home