A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Family

I've shared many photos of my family on this blog, because as my friends and family know, family is all tome. Not too long ago, as I began to lose my close family and my parents, I thought my family was becoming smaller and the crowd was closing.  But now, I can see how my family is following the course of life, just as yours hopefully is;  the older generation is leaving and a new generation is coming up.  So, I'm caught between the sorrow of losing uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents and parents, but rejoicing at being able to bounce new nieces and cousins and nephews.  Oohing and awwing at their tiny hands and feet, wondering what they'll encounter in their life times, and how to make sure my relationships with their parents remain as close and tight knit as it was when I was the new generation.

This Thursday, and every day, I'm thankful for family.

Bean, pregnant with Emma

Brothers

The new generation

The new generation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home