A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Monday, March 25, 2013

Reality Returns

 Well, I knew it was coming.

It's time once again to wearing makeup.

Time once again to consider a wardrobe consisting of more than jean skirts, tees and flip flops.

It's time to start cooking and packing lunches, snacks and dinners.

Yep, the two week vacation has officially expired and because I didn't win last week's $320 Powerball, nor did a wealthy uncle/aunt die and leave his/her millions to me and because Oprah has decided not to adopt a middle aged woman (I'm sure she has enough financial responsibilities with her family) and spoil her rotten with money, clothes and a fancy car, I have to return to working for a living.

I want to make this clear: I am grateful to God that I have such a great job that allows me certain freedoms to help keep the company's Brand shining in a positive light.  The company provides a wide-bodied chair to handle my girth, like a lot of workers, I sit the majority of the time which is wonderful when you're as heavy as I am. Yes, I am very glad to be gainfully employed 

but

I still don't want to go to work. And except for these habits I have that I can't control, you know the ones - needing electricity, having the ability to flush toilets, being able to open a working refrigerator filled with delectable goodies, having the ability to buy fuel for my car...the list goes on and on. So, because of these habits, off to work I go. And you better believe, I will be smiling when I swipe that badge and the red entry light turns green.

So, while I'm blogging when I should be sorting this week's wardrobe selections, I want to share a new restaurant I discovered last night.  It's the Yard House  located in Desert Ridge Mall. We had  a lovely experience. The menu is as thick as training notebook because it's primarily serving beer from hundreds of flavours.  I don't drink so I was interested in the seating and of course, the food.  I can honestly and happily report that we sat out on the patio in comfortable handleless wooden chairs that felt sturdy when I sat down,  and the the food was awesome!

I started my meal with a cup of Clam Chowder - ok, this wasn't so good. It was pretty thick and a bit on the salty side, but that's only one dish. My next dish was this wonderful sashimi tuna that was hands down in the running for top ten of the sashimi dishes I've tried throughout the Valley.

I smeared wasabi on each slice then added a cucumber slice and went to Heaven each time I bit into a piece of this tuna. Pure pleasure in each bite!


The next dish was the tuna roll. Now this completely took me sometime to get used to because I've never had a tuna roll sans rice, molded turine-like with a crust of edamame beans, but once I got over the unique appearance, it wasn't that bad. I didn't finish it because the soup and the sashimi had pretty much had me stuffed.






The tuna roll sits in a sauce of sesame oil, soy sauce and little spurts of siracha dotted around the plate. Yumm!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home