A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Friday, January 12, 2007

Family Friday #1

It's early this Friday morning. I can't sleep because I'm in pain. When I'm in pain I take medicine. In order to take medicine I have to eat something because my stomach will kill me when taking medicine when it's empty. So, to take medicine I have to physically get up, walk into the kitchen w/o stumbling over something and waking the other occupants who are sleeping soundly, find something quiet to eat that's not fattening, has zero carbs, doesn't require microwaving or warming. Yeah, right. I grabbed the closest box of Triscuits (reduced fat 'course) and slices of cheese and am now waiting for the medicine to take effect.

Anyway, while I'm up at this hour I thought I'd check the blog world, then I thought why not play w/the pictures from Boise. Then I thought hey, why not post some on the blog? Then I thought why not just shut up and post the pictures already. It's my first time, hope it comes out all right.



This is what I was expecting (hoping ) Boise to look like when we got there because that same storm that had dumped so much snow on Denver had passed through Boise first. It didn't. While we were there no measurable snow fell.


My cousins who drove in from Pasco, WA had to stop midway and put on snow chains. That's my cousin and her two girls playing and burning off energy while the guys try to figure out how to put on the chains.





They finally had to rouse my other cousin who had to put the chains on causing her to ruin a perfectly great manicure. Note: the girl had to show the big, strong boys how to get it done. Go on, girl!







I remember when these little girls....




....Used to look like these little girls.

The first picture are my nieces, these are a niece and cousins' children.

This is pretty hard work! Maybe by next week I'll be better at this.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Pretty neat post there Deb, with the photos interspersed like that! I just figured out how to add one photo and have yet to try adding several pics into one posting. Do you do it the same way as when you are just putting the first picture in there? My mind is a total fog at times, ya'll have to remember that!

Also - in case you haven't checked my blog today - I tagged you for the "Thinking MEME"! Have fun with it!

January 12, 2007 9:18 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

I'm still a novice at this but I have to post the pictures in the HTML mode then copy and paste it down in the body where I want it. Unfortunately the pictures move and stuff so I became frustrated pretty quickly :-).

January 12, 2007 3:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It took me a long time to figure out how to get more than one photo in a post. I use Flickr for my photos and get the HTML from there. It then works pretty well. I had more trouble with Picasa's Blog This function and with Blogger's post photos function.
Your nieces look like a nice bunch of young ladies.
Sorry about the pain. . .

January 12, 2007 8:55 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

where's your picture? That ain't right. You saw mine.

Hope you're feeling better. I need you to be 100% when you watch those Bears beat up on the Seahawks this weekend.

!!!

January 12, 2007 10:27 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Very very nice.. I love seeing pictures.. but like Kiyotoe pointed out, where's yours? (I showed you mine.)

January 12, 2007 11:42 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Sarala-I did put those on Flickr about two days ago. I'm so proud. But it still didn't help me organize so more practice is forthcoming.

Barb & Kiyotoe-I'm STILL trying to post a profile picture! I've done everything you told me. When I can successfully post a profile pic, I'll put some of my glamourshots up. Promise

January 13, 2007 11:27 PM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

nice photos! i almost vacationed in idaho years ago with my then bf who was from there. he is part Indian from the Nez Perce tribe. i looked him up recently has he had moved back there, but the letter i sent came back *sniff*...oh well, life goes on.

thanks for sharing your pix and have a blessed day.

January 17, 2007 4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home