A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

2006 Most Memorable Meme


I can't remember where I stole this, but it looked like fun so I put it here.


What did you do in 2006 that you've never done before?
Lost 40 pounds! By myself by just cooking my own meals and exercising 20 minutes per day.

Did you keep your 2005 resolutions?
No because I don't make resolutions.

Did anyone you know give birth?
Some people from the office, my little brother's wife gave birth to their first little girl. We call her Butterfly and she's just perfect. A bit demanding, but perfect.

Did anyone you know die?
RIP- Pastor Mae Gratis Bowens, L.C. Jenkins, Sr., Pastor Arthur Strong, Sr., Deacon DeLloyd Harris, Mr. Alton Coleman, Deacon Willie Williams, Mother Tucker, Pastor Jimmy Colter, Mother Daisy Griffin.

Which countries did you visit in 2006?
None.

What do you want in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A stronger backbone.

What 2006 dates will be forever etched in your memory?
12/17/2006, 10/18/2006

What was your biggest achievement?
Losing the weight.

What is your biggest failure?
Gaining back 12 pounds after suffering shin splints.

Did you suffer an illness or injury?
Just my heart. It's broken but healing. Slowly.

What was the best thing you bought?
This laptop.

Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My managers for selecting me as an interim manager when my manager left the company. They recognized my value and took chances on me.

Whose behaviour appalled or depressed you?
1. People who kill whole families because they're going through a divorce.
2. The government for not getting our sons and daughters out of the ME.
3. Child abusers/molesters.

Where did most of your money go?
Bills, gasoline, insurance.

What did you get really, really excited about?
Babysitting my niece and nephew two days a week.

What song/album will always remind you of 2006?
"While I'm Here" by Brianna Scott

What do you wish you'd done more of?
1. Exercising control.
2. Traveling to see my family.

What do you wish you'd done less?
Working.

What was your favourite TV program?
Everyone Hates Chris.

Quota a song lyric that sums up the year?
I've had many tears and sorrows/I've had questions for tomorrow/There've been times I didn't know right from wrong/But in every situation I found joy in consolation/Jesus came to make me strong/Through it all/Through it all/I've learned to trust in Jesus, I've learned to trust in God.-Andrae Crouch

9 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

I came over to your blog to say thank you for the kind words you put to my piece of yesterday about the AIDS issue and stayed long enough to read clear down about your recent loss of your beloved Aunt. My condolences, and I mean that sincerely. I can relate totally to your feelings as I lost my most wonderful aunt too back in October. She was my aunt, mentor, friend, comrade in arms at times and just the greatest! More like a mother to me in many ways really.

Please use your voice too and join us in trying to do whatever we can to bring assistance where ever. whenever possible to those many suffering from AIDS/hiv. Spread the information through your blog, on the phone, in person - however you can because it really is a matter of life and death!

Jeni

January 04, 2007 2:48 PM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

Happy New Year!
congrats on your weight loss and for sharing more about yourself with us.

January 04, 2007 6:05 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Welcome back my long lost friend!!!

January 04, 2007 7:16 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

You asked for the banana pudding recipe - it's wonderful:

2 bags Pepperidge Farm chessman cookies

6-8 bananas sliced

2 cups milk

15 oz. box French Vanilla Instant pudding

18 oz. pkg creme cheese (softened)

114 oz. can sweetened condensed milk

112 oz. thing of frozen whipped topping (thawed)

Line bottom of a baking dish (13x9x2) with 1 bag of cookies.
Put bananas on top.
Blend milk with pudding mix w/electric mixer.
Beat creme cheese and condensed milk together in another bowl-then fold in whipped topping.
Add this to the pudding mixture. Stir well.
Pour this over cookies and bananas.
Cover with remaining cookies.
Refrigerate a while - Eat it up!

Serves 12 if not hungry. Serves 1 hungry person too much.

January 04, 2007 8:34 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

this was a good one. I might just steal it.

p.s. - you know i'm going to take credit for you coming back don't you.

all that knocking i was doing? Knew it'd wake you up.

January 04, 2007 11:34 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Jenn:
Thanks for visiting. Any friend of Bob's a friend plus I'm a strong supporter to anyone who's concerned about helping to stop AIDS.

Blu & Barb:
Thanks for the well wishing! Great to be back.

East:
This recipe will definitely slow down the weight loss but I will try to use temperance:-)

Dragon:
Dude, I was in Boise. At a funeral. You actually wanted me to leave my family to post? Plus, I saw those comments about my 'Boys. Don't make me send you a team poster and matching shirt!

January 05, 2007 8:45 AM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

You have a great attitude....I am glad you dropped by my blog and left me the lovely comment. I really enjoyed your responses to the meme.

I am going to go over and check out Jeni site and find out what the talk is on the HIV/AIDS issue is. I was reading another blog the other day "Imepena" and she posted a research done in Africa/Uganda and they were referencing the decrease in the number of HIV causes as a direct result of circumcision. It was an interesting topic but I think it missed a few points. Education to me is the biggest.

Anyhow, hope you have a fantastic day!

Cheers

January 05, 2007 11:57 AM  
Blogger Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Hey, do you love Barb at Skittle's Place? Please check out my post - then pass it on!

January 06, 2007 2:00 PM  
Blogger Lizza said...

This is a nice meme! Congratulations on your weight loss and may 2007 be a wonderful year for you.

January 09, 2007 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home