A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Tying Loose Ends

I don't know if I'll have time before leaving on Monday to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and pleasantly exciting new year. My mother and I are flying out Monday (pending any snowstorms between here and Boise), my sister and little brother plan on taking off Wednesday afternoon. They'll rest over in Vegas then the Triplets will complete the excursion up. I'm praying for good weather on both sides, in the air and on those wet, icy, slippery roads.

One of my cousins won't be joining us. He signed up for a cruise and y'all may know the hell involved in changing itineraries. He's gonna drive down from Washington state, spend a day or so with my cousins then head back in time to leave for the cruise. That's what he gets for not inviting us along with him:-)

The weather here today was heavenly--raining and gray. My favourite kind of weather. I LOVE rain and cold. Being in the desert all my life, living through 300 days of sunshine can be rough. Now I know some of you are shaking your heads thinking I've hit the eggnogg earlier than I should, but really, when you live in a climate that has no measurable rain for up to four months, any type of weather fluctuation will make your heart go pitty pat, trust me.

I'm going to be selfish a bit here and lament that I may not be able to watch most of the Cowboys/Eagles game, but our flight should get us there very close to 2nd half so as long as I'm there for the last 15 seconds of the game I'm fine. To say this is an important game is like saying Donald Trump and Rosie O'donnel are not two of the biggest newshounds on earth.

Dallas absolutely needs to win this game. Romo's doing great and has been invited to the Pro Bowl this year. But....Jeff Garcia needs to win this game too. I personally have liked Garcia since he led the 49rs. He's hot in the shadow of the mighty McNabb and he has a personal score to settle w/henchmouth owens.<-----I deliberately used lower case for owens 'cause I dislike him sooooo much.

I promised God I wouldn't bother him by praying for football games, but this game is certain to make me pray, fast, burn incense, light a candle, borrow someone's rosary, chant and anything else that I think will help the 'Boys.

So, back to tying up loose ends. Because of this year's special circumstances my family here is celebrating Christmas on Sunday with the gift exchange and dinner. So with all the cooking and packing I need to do, I don't know if I'll get around to everyone to personally leave a message. I would be creative and leave a communal card like Meloncutter did but uh, no. So, from all of me to all of you who have stopped by to say hello or just to glance through, thanks. To those who have continued to come back to my humble abode, thanks too.

I usually don't include too much religious thinking here but most of you know I'm a conservative Christian so I'll wish you God's blessings, that He bless and keep you, that He make His face to shine upon you.

"And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising god, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." Luke 2:7-14

christmas Glitter Graphics From GlitterYourWay.com

Mis amigos, Feliz Navidad y prospero ano nuevo.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

travel safely Debo......though you'll probably be there or worse, back home by the time you read this. But be safe all the same.

Don't know if i've ever told you how much i DESPISE the Cowboys (grew up in a house with a grandmother that was/is a die hard cowboys fan so imagine living through the championship era of the 90's always losing money to my grandmother because they were so good) but i'm actually routing for them this week. I would love for my Bears to bump into them in the playoffs....gonna be a lot of lip smacking,trash talking around here if that happens missy, so i hope you're ready for that!

Enjoy your holiday (even though you're a cowboys fan.....ugghh)

December 23, 2006 6:12 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Wishing you a safe trip, a Dallas win, and of course, a Very Merry Christmas, my friend.

December 24, 2006 5:51 AM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

sorry for the tardy comment, but i wish you and yours a sfe and wonderful Christmas and New Years.

December 28, 2006 6:46 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

knock knock knock.........
knock knock knock.........

(getting impatient)

knock knock knock.........
knock knock knock.........

you'll answer eventually.

knock knock knock...........

:)

January 04, 2007 6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

January 10, 2010 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home