A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #6

Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

THIRTEEN REASONS I HATE GOING TO THE DOCTOR

1. Waiting at least 20 minutes to be seen.

2. Having to be weighed then watching the assistant purse her lips as she writes it on my chart.

3. Having to tell same assistant I need the larger (thigh) blood pressure cuff. She always has to go look for it and make a fuss about in the office, further drawing attention to me. B#@$%!

4. I'm going in because I think I have streph throat which will prevent me from traveling to Boise to attend my aunt's funeral which will SUCK!

5. I have a new doctor and he will blame my sore throat on my weight. Bast#$!

6. The chairs in the doctor's office have handles which make for a tight and uncomfortable wait.

7. There are all those SICK people in the office who will be breathing, coughing and wheezing on me.

8. Having to fill my Rx even though I'm not feeling well.

9. Hearing me challenge my blood pressure readings because the cuff's not a good fit.

10. Being stopped from leaving because I have to reschedule an appt I won't keep.

11. Feeling guilty for snarfing through yesterday's office potluck. Did I REALLY need to eat all those chips?

12. Knowing I'm the most obese patient in that office. The little assistant told me this a few months back. Have I called her a B@#$% yet?

13. Because there's nothing like a visit to the doctor to remind you of your shortcomings and non-existent will power!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

you shoulda smacked that B@#$% !!

Just kidding, violence is never the answer.

Unless you really wanted to smack that B@#$%.......

December 21, 2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger Sicka You said...

Here's how you handle this, D...put an ashtray in your purse (that big Coach you carry all the time) and the next time Skinny B@!@# looks crazy at you, slug her upside her head. Then I'll find a priest for you to confess your sins to.

Quit taking stuff from that ho!

December 21, 2006 8:43 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

They blame everything on weight!!! (Or smoking, too, in my case.) I mean, can't they SEE that the blood pressure cuff which is surely made for anorexics will not fit??? Sheesh!

December 22, 2006 4:02 AM  
Blogger Pea said...

Hehe. Um, Colossians 3:8. You're beautiful. The lady pursing her lips probably just needs to make someone else feel miserable because something happened between her and her hubby the night before.

December 22, 2006 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home