A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Monday, January 08, 2007

Monday Musings #2

Today's turning out to be one of those days. I guess you can say the whole weekend has turned out to be a "one of those days" because my agony and irritation is growing by leaps and bounds and today I'm feeling like Sicka or Bob, but I'm not going to post anything like them because A-I'm not that creative and B-I'm trying these great relaxation breathing exercises that will help me expell some of this negative energy. So what's happened to get me so irritated this fine bright blue morning?
Well, it all started last Saturday when I opened the mail to find out my credit card company sent me a dunning notice that I haven't made a December payment. What the what? I DID make the payment but had to call them to trace the payment. Seems they misposted it to my savings account. We finally found it but they had already placed me in a higher interest rate tier. No way, Jose! Not a chance, Lance. Don't be silly, Billy! I'm not going down like that! And unless I had known this would happen, the rep never volunteered to give me that important little tidbit. Folks, learn about credit cards and the MANY ways they screw you.
Then, the Cowboys lose by one point during a Wildcard playoff game. It's not that they didn't play well, it's just how they lost that's got my panties in a bunch! Let me fill you in on how they lost, just in case you didn't see this sorry episode. They get all the way to fourth quarter, trailing 20 to 21 and with less than two minutes left in the game they get in great, AWESOME field goal range. I think they're on the twenty yard line right? Well, the kicker's all ready and the quarterback, who's had an AWESOME year, who's been the wunderchild of coach Parcells, who's been more than wonderful DROPS THE BALL. endof game, endof season. We're done. We're over faster than a Donald Trump marriage to a woman older than 35.
At one minute after this great moment in Cowboy history, my cellie's blowing up with well-wishers (also known as haters) to laugh about my 'Boys. I take it in stride because hey, neither the Bengals, nor the Steelers, nor the Falcons OR the Packers are still alive so pffthhththh to all of my hating so-called friends. The worse part is I have to endure more heckling when I get to work today.
Okay, maybe I shouldn't pick on this guy but I was watching the Patriots yesterday because I love football no matter who's playing. Change that, I won't watch any team Dragon's with, period. Is it me or is Bill Belichick the worst-dressed head coach in the NFL? Bill's outfit yesterday during a playoff game televised around the world was horrible! He absolutely looked like he had come to the game after delivering furniture. What's with the cutoff sweatshirt?
Remember when NFL head coaches dressed like Tom Landry? They looked like coaches, not like they were delivering pizzas. Bill's supposed to be pretty hot stuff according to allegedly being involved in some type of affair last summer. Dressing like that? If he dresses like that during a game, can you imagine what he looks like at home???!!!
Here's Bill in all his splendor-

Speaking of the way things used to be, remember when all the important Bowl games were televised on the 1st and all we had to do was sit on the couch eating chips and chili for eight hours straight? Now the games are everywhere on any given day! I can't keep coming up excuses for leaving work early or missing work, let's get back to the one day marathon, people!
Finally, last night after work I was hungry. Now, I had been eating very well for the WHOLE week, even New Year's day I refrained from all the fatty foods my family dishes up. Except for ice cream I left the pies and cakes alone. I'm doing so well I'm gonna treat myself to a venti Macchiato w/mint from Starbucks and then it happens. Someone orders bone-out honey barbeque wings from Pizza Hut.
Here's a quick quiz. How many of you think I nibbled on one then left the pack untouched, raise your hands. Okay, those of you who think I ate everything but the foil the wings were wrapped in raise your hands.
Not only did I eat every wing set before me, I then had the nerve to stop by McDonald's and order a 10-pc nugget w/two apple pies. I am so furious w/myself! Why can't I stop eating all this crap? I keep eating and I keep eating. What's wrong w/me that I can't do something as simple as reaching for something healthy to snack on? I'm not gonna write everything I called myself. Those of you who have tried to lose weight or stop unhealthy habits know some of the foul things we call ourselves and I've called myself that and worse plenty of times today.
So on to another weak. I mean week. I'll go over to Barb's or Blu's. They usually find something to get me smiling about. I know Meloncutter will have something that will make me grin.
PS- I found this site through Blu. There's a post called "Girl, please" that's funny but the comments will have you rolling. Check it out if you have time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry you had a bad day. Tomorrow has to be better, right?

January 08, 2007 5:54 PM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

bad days are the precursor to good ones. dont get so mad at yourself for eating the bad stuff. just make up for it by eating a double portion of the good stuff (fruits, veggies, etc)
*hugs*

January 08, 2007 6:11 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

wait aminute, wait a minute,
wait

A

minute......

what did I do to you? Why can't you roll with the Bears Debo? I mean, it's not like you still have a team that's playing......

Ooohhhhh.....that was low.

But I am sorry you've been having "one of those days". Good thing I didn't have your cell number (i might have called to hate....ummm to wish you well).

January 08, 2007 8:14 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I don't know what's up with the bowl games either. I was so out of touch with it all this year that I even missed the Rose Parade.. and to me that's like missing Macy's Parade!

You know I KNOW about the eating thing. You know it's wrong and bad and you hate yourself for doing it, but you just keep on shoving it in, right? I just did the same darn thing with Cheetos two nights ago! UGH!

Don't beat yourself up over it. Or at least try not to.

January 08, 2007 10:32 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Welcome to the "wonderful" (NOT) World of the addicted! Food, same as alcohol, nicotine, drugs - all that stuff - can be addictive on us too. No matter how hard you try to stop whatever it is that is one's particular curse, there are times when it just tells you DO IT AND DO IT NOW! And what often happens too is we follow THAT directive, like it were some gospel thing ya know!

Barb is right - don't beat yourself up over this. It's all a "one day at a time" thing. Ok, so it seems like you are back at square one, but really you're not, because you KNOW what you did and you acknowledged it and that's also a big part of dealing with any addiction. Keep on trying and if you slip up again, well, pick yourself up, dust your self off (including that last dabble of powdered sugar or butter or gravy or whatever) and start all over again.
It's the fact that you are trying that is the important thing. You'll get there, but when you arrive, you want to be there in one piece too - physical, mental, emotional and spiritual things all where they belong and intact.

January 09, 2007 3:29 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Sarala & Blu-thanks for not judging.

Barb-I KNOW that YOU know how I'm feeling. Thanks for coming Sweetie. I was sooo worried about you.

Jeni-"including that last dabble of powdered sugar or butter or gravy..", thanks for the support.

Did I miss anyone? Oh yeah, thanks Dragon (rolling eyes, waiting for an apology).

January 09, 2007 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home