A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Some Things On My Mind

Not world peace resolving things, just thoughts, wanderings and musings.


~There are some things black people should not do. Yeah we've come a long way and we deserve to be allowed the freedom to do anything we're capable of (or have a desire) but some things should be left to others.

1. Black people should not yodel. I was watching Jimmy Kimmel and he had these three black dudes actually yodeling songs. What the what?!
2. Black people should not sing Country/Western. Cowboy Troy, stop that!






~A recent NY Times article says more than 51% of all American women are unmarried. That number grows to 70% for Black women. All the experts give their opinions but they forgot to ask mine so I'll share it anyway-the number is higher for Black women because we are not as willing to seek interracial relationships as Black men and we may be settling for ANY Black man and his mess. Or, it could because Black women are fed up with settling and understand that we can do bad all by ourselves so why put up w/not living life to the fullest?

~Why do we fat women continue to wear unflattering stretch clothes? I'm a biiiiiggggg girl and I don't want to wear anything that will cling to me like saran wrap. I don't want the world to see every cellulite lump, every roll of thigh fat or every fat indention on my body. I'm not saying big girls should wear a tents. We should just take better care and find something that's flattering to our body types. We have more choices than ever nowadays so there are no excuses for our clothes lfitting like a leotards.

~Do we really have to have something in common in order to post on others' sites? There are many sites I frequent because I enjoy the sites, not because I have anything in common w/that site owner. C'mon!

~Why do family members try to make you feel guilty for your success and try to guilt you into paying for their sorry a$$es? I know how Oprah feels 'cause some of my relatives made their mistakes (losing jobs, not saving) and expect me to bail them out financially because I kept my jobs and saved my money. My family thinks I'm the biggest b-tch because I'm not supporting them. Yeah? Like I shared w/my little brother Dragon, ever seen a dog w/ticks and fleas? They're always itching and scratching but can't rest. Get them losers up off you and lay down in peace!

Again, just my thoughts and opinions.

8 Comments:

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hi honey, just snooping around here to see what ya' got and so far so good! i love to poke around in the comments boxes too, you'll see... smiles, bee

(drat! another word verification, sigh.... ok i'll TRY!)

eyeodvue

January 25, 2007 7:02 PM  
Blogger Spoon of life said...

"~Do we really have to have something in common in order to post on others' sites? There are many sites I frequent because I enjoy the sites, not because I have anything in common w/that site owner. C'mon!"

I totally agree with that...and I do also believe it's a way to "grow" listening to other opinions, other points of view makes you think...and that's always very important!!!

Have a great weekend:)

M.

January 25, 2007 7:38 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Are ya ready? Here's my two cents!
On the read/commenting on others blogs -well, it's like this - I don't know how much we might actually have in commen if we were to meet face to face, but I enjoy reading your blog, getting what I feel is a healthy, well-balanced take on life regardless of what things may or may not be in common with our background!

Yodeling should not be done by black, white, whatever unless they fully are capable of performing that art form! LOL

Single women factors - count me a white who once had an opportunity to remarry and realized before it was too late that it would be a huge mistake. Sometimes I wish I'd had that much foresight before I stepped into my first marriage, but if I'd passed on it, I would have my two younger children or the beautiful grandkids now either! I dunno there.

But - to say no blacks should attempt country/western music? Oh Debo - you're forgetting the beauty of Charlie Pride! One of the alltime best in the Country/Western venue.

And clothing - gotta agree with you on the spandex! That stuff is made for people who are a)a lot younger than us and b)a heck of a lot smaller than me and apparently you too - sounds like we have some common ground there!

Loved the comment about the dog and ticks and fleas - good analogy there! Keep on telling me your take on things cause who knows, someday we might meet and then we'd know what things we really do have in common which probably are a lot more than either of us realizes at this point in time.

January 25, 2007 10:56 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I think it's great to find blogs that are different. Different people, different backgrounds, etc.

I SO agree with you on the clothing thing!

I've never heard a black person yodel, so I'll take your word for it :)

January 26, 2007 5:36 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Bee-one day I'll take a chance and remove it.

M-hope you're feeling better?

Jeni-I was REMEMBERING Charlie Pride, that's how I know we shouldn't do the CW thing:-)

Barb-trust me, we can't yodel:-)

January 26, 2007 5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the risk of being tarred, feathered and run out of this town, I personally don't think ANYONE, regardless of race should do the C&W thing!
Now I'm going to go and burn a an 8-track of "She's the Queen of my double-wide trailer".

January 26, 2007 11:24 PM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

you are so in my head with the clothing and trust me it's not just the heavy girls who should watch their gear. Just cause you're skinny doesn't mean EVERYTHING looks good on either.

I read blogs that interest me, not cause we have anything in common. Reading is FUNdamental.

I wont settle be he black or white. I'm single by choice as a result.

thanks for sharing your random thoughts.

January 29, 2007 11:53 AM  
Blogger jeweledrabbit said...

Speaking as someone who lost her last job (because of downsizing) over two years ago, I don't consider losing a a job a mistake in all cases. :-)

I don't think anybody should wear spandex. *shudders*

January 31, 2007 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home