A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Monday, May 27, 2013

In Memoriam

Just to make the post not so depressing, here's Ali showing her patriotic spirit!
Dress - Macy's


A short post in honour of my family members that I'm missing today (and forever more), along with those brave men and women who served in our Nation's military in ANY capacity.

In memory of Momma and Daddy, Big Daddy, Big Momma Nancy, Uncles Artus, Uncles Jake and Cleophus, Aunts Grat and Mary.

In memory of my uncles who valiantly served their Country even though serving in a segregated military. Still, they answered the call and each discharged honorably:
Uncle Joe
Uncle Rufus
Uncle Cleophus

And to honour my nephew Dwight who continues to serve his Country more than 18 years.

With bowed head and heart patched with many pieces:


O beautiful for heroes proved 
In liberating strife. 
Who more than self their country loved
And mercy more than life! 
America! America! 
May God thy gold refine 
Till all success be nobleness 
And every gain divine! 

O beautiful for spacious skies, 
For amber waves of grain, 
For purple mountain majesties 
Above the fruited plain! 
America! America! 
God shed his grace on thee 
And crown thy good with brotherhood 
From sea to shining sea! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home