A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Monday, March 26, 2007

Manic Monday #2-Spring



Spring! Ah sweet, beautiful Spring!

I've been trying out my new Canon camera I bought with a bonus from work. Unfortunately this picture isn't mine but my friend Rachel's. My pictures are either too fuzzy, too light or too dark so I used one of Rach's.


An Arizona Spring generally lasts from March 3rd 'til March 12th, then it's Summer from March 12th until roughly December 31st.


Yep, after the 12th most of the flowers begin to lose their beautiful blooms, bouyant bogainvilla become sagging, parched looking shrubs and the only vegetation in our yard are tumbleweeds. This year I'm going to do something different w/my yard. I'm thinking about lacing the tumbleweeds with ribbons or fake vines just so my neighbours will stop leaving complaints w/the city that our yard is threatening their property values.


When my father was alive the yard looked so cute. Green grass, trees, rose bushes, mesquites. Now it looks like a scene from a Mad Max movie. Anyway, to those of you up there where snow and ice continue to fall, I raise my glass of iced tea to you and hope your Spring will quickly arrive.


6 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

what is that, fire coming out of someone's.........umm nevermind.

no more ice and snow here in the dirty south either. It was at least 80 degrees all last week.

Amen. But this current sense of delight will only last until around mid May when the heat and humidity starts to make me long for November and December....

March 27, 2007 7:20 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Boy, guess none of us are ever satisfied when it comes to the weather, are we?
Here in (today) sunny central Penna. the snow that lay covering the ground a week ago is gone and replaced by lots of mud in our parking area out front! Yesterday was beautiful, today looked good -sunny and nice temps - till just a couple minutes ago when the sun went behind a cloud but now, it's peeking out again. YAY, YAY!
And Deb, the pain patch hasn't "cured" the issue but it certainly has helped - a lot! I still don't sleep soundly enough but that maybe is from my system getting used to waking up at odd intervals throughout the night. Today though, my neck is stiff and I'm getting weird dizzy spells but I think that is coming from the new glasses I got last week and having to adjust to wearing the darned trifocals all over again! Always something, huh?
Enjoy the good weather while we can!

March 27, 2007 9:09 AM  
Blogger Spoon of life said...

Can't wait for your spring picture:)

Have a great one:)

Maria

March 28, 2007 8:39 AM  
Blogger Sugar said...

Isn't Spring the greatest!!? I bought a camera with my Christmas bonus too! Well, what they gave me covered a portion of the cost, but hey, every little bit helps right?

Enjoy the nice weather!!

March 28, 2007 12:44 PM  
Blogger Brotha Buck said...

I'd imagine this would be a nice time in Arizona. I visited once. In August. Never do that again.

March 29, 2007 8:58 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

You're missing a description of part of the state. My brother lives in Glendale. On a visit at Christmas, we started the day at about 75 +/-. We drove North, detouring to Sedona. As we got into the red rock area, it started to flurry. We drove with almost blinding sun through a snow storm through the valley/ravine(?).

Then, to the high desert and on to the Grand Canyon. I'd forgotten to bring my real live camera, yet I have wonderful pictures from a throw away Kodak. On the way back through Flagstaff it started to really snow and we slipped and slid south to Phoenix.

Ended the day at about 60 degrees next to the pool.

April 11, 2007 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home