A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Monday, March 19, 2007

Simply Successful Secrets


I was over lurking at Sani's site and found this meme: Compose a new blog post listing the top 5 to 10 things that you do almost every day that help you to be successful. They can be anything at all, but they have to be things that you do at least 4 or 5 times every week. Anything less than that may be a hobby that helps you out, but we are after the real day in and day out habits that help you to be successful.

1. Brush my teeth. Nothing ruins another person's day faster than having to deal w/me if I have yuck-mouth. To make sure people love being around me (like this is ever a problem) I brush.

2. Wear cologne/perfume. Like most of you, I wear different scents for different reasons. When I want to be taken seriously I wear Armani Code. When I want to feel powerful I wear Quel Ques Fleur. When I'm particularly upbeat I wear Romance by Ralph Lauren or Givenchy. If I want to speak softly but carry a big stick I wear Vera Wang's Sheer Veil. When I'm just being me around the house it's anything from Bath & Body Works.


3. Pray. Like the song says, "How you gone pay your rent? All your money's spent. Little bit to buy some food. Baby need a pair of shoes. Look, you got a light bill due. And you got a gas bill too. Telephone disconnect. Waiting on the next paycheck. Tell you what you ought to do..." I have to pray to thank Him for being so good and kind. To tell Him I love and need Him. And to ask for His help.

4. Speak to my mother. Nothing's worse (in my opinion) than a mother and daughter not getting along. I know there are legitimate causes, I'm not stupid, but it's still sad. I love my mommy and yes, most of her grown children still call her Mommy-leave me alone Dragon. My mother's pretty good and unique and I try all I can to spoil her rotten. We're only going to have each other for a season so I want my season w/her to be filled w/sweet days.

5. Do unto others. I allow others to get in the grocery line in front of me if they only have a few things and I have two baskets. I'm a courteous driver. I smile and speak to strangers in elevators or on their blogs. The Scripture says, "Whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap" so I'm expecting people to be courteous to me because that's what I'm sowing.


6. Shower. Yep, wearing all that cologne won't mask a stanking, sweaty, filthy body so it gets washed.


There you have it. I'm tagging
Maria
Lizza
Jeni

6 Comments:

Blogger Spoon of life said...

I got Tagged!!!
Hehehe Off I go to post it on mine thanks sweety:)

Maria

March 19, 2007 5:28 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Heeeeeeey, I do all 6 of those too. Do you do 100 push-ups in the morning too?

See, I knew there was a reason I call you Big Sis, we're practically related ;)

March 19, 2007 8:53 PM  
Blogger Lizza said...

Do unto others sounds easy, but it's hard sometimes especially if the recipient is, shall we say, an unpleasant person.

Now I have two tags to work on. I'll do this within the week, Debo Blue! And thanks. :-)

March 19, 2007 10:15 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

I hate to say this Debo, but I cringe when I see a MEME land my way. Mainly because my brain tends to fry right then and there - just goes totally dead blank on me like a computer crashing or some such!
But for you, I'll give this the old "college try." May take me awhile to figure out things I do to try to establish a good routine somewhere along the way.

And, to answer your question about the Bushisms, these are from a little desk calendar my older daughter got me for Christmas. My son's former girlfriend had given me one a couple years back and the kids and I had all gotten a big charge out of that one, plus my daughter knows I love things like this too!
Thanks too for the positive comments on my post about the "celebrations". All I did was follow the game plan my doctor laid out for me - didn't really make a decision as I felt he had already done that for me and left me with no options but to follow orders!

March 19, 2007 10:32 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Maria-great moves on TV the other night!

Dragon-no, I don't do all those push ups dear. I also don't cry myself to sleep (oops, did I write that out loud?)

Lizza-have fun w/it!

Jeni-don't sweat, it's just something fun and let's us learn more about you. Not that you're ever shy about yourself. What are you doing up so late?

March 19, 2007 10:35 PM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

cute list of things!

it's been a while, but i wanted to stop by and say hello to you and catch up on things in your world.

March 21, 2007 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home