A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #14


THIRTEEN RANDOM THOUGHTS IN MY HEAD RIGHT NOW


1. After having been dressed by a Vogue columnist (Andre Talley) and being ridiculed and placed on the worst dressed list for the Oscars, do you think either Jennifer Hudson or anyone in Hollywood will trust that magazine again? I wouldn't trust them to dress my dog in a mud wrestling competition.

2. Why do you think the phone rep advised me of my minimum payment due when I had already told her the amount I was paying? Are credit card companies trying to persuade us NOT to pay them off each month by making their reps push the minimum amount due?

3. Where do they find these people for the judge shows and the other talk shows? Do they have secret websites that determine eligibility by the number of missing teeth, how bright your blonde weave is (black girls only) and the number of broken down vehicles in your yard? Seriously, do these shows send people out to certain neighbourhoods scouting out these people?

4. At what point do you realize "Hey, I must suck!" after being declined position after position? I work w/this stupid little man who has interviewed for about 16 jobs and he keeps getting turned down. He always says, the feedback given was weak and not to the point. How about this feedback, "You suck and we're not going to hire you!"

5. Why do people get angry when you ignore their child? If people are sitting next to me and they're holding a baby, I'll ignore the baby, depending on my mood. Sometimes when I do this, the parent will throw mean glances at me. Why? Not everyone wants to coo all over your drooling baby.

6. If people say they're getting divorced are we supposed to be sympathetic or happy? Sometimes I'll say, "I'm sorry" and they'll respond "Don't be, it's a good thing." Or if I say "Hey, had enough of that crap, huh?" They'll respond, "The kids are taking it hard though." What should I do?

7. Can anyone tell me the reason spandex was created? Other than making fat women's legs look like shaking vessels of cottage cheese, what's the real purpose for spandex?

8. Which came first, the Easter bunny or Easter egg? Why isn't there an Easter turkey, hot dog or steak?

9. Why do dentists and their assitants ask open-ended questions while drilling in your mouth? Do they really think we can answer?

10. The same for gynecologists. Do they actually think we want to talk about the weather or our busy schedules when they're pushing instruments into our bodies?

11. Do you ever wonder about the world we're going to leave our children and grand children?

12. I'm glad Jake Plummer's gone from the Broncos. I've never liked that snarky, creeping crawling excuse for a guy. He should fall right in line with Jon "Chucky" Gruden, another snarky, cave-dwelling ignoramus.

13. My family and I were getting professional portraits done and the group behind us, a bunch of sorority girls, was waiting to use the dressing room area. One of the girls rudely shouted at us to hurry up, causing the photographer and his assistants to try and calm her down. I rudely retorted, "Go eat a cheeseburger and by the time you're done throwing it up we should be done!" That shut her skinny mouth and I could see the photographer grinning as he adjusted his camera. He even gave me a complimentary head shot:-)

10 Comments:

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh i am so going to remember that go eat a cheeseburger one honey! ha ha

smiles, bee

March 08, 2007 7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Deb....breathe in....breathe out...doesn't that feel better? Naw, not really.

March 08, 2007 8:27 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Oh my goodness! Is this really Debo, who rarely spouts off things (like I would in a rant)? But, I had to chuckle over feeling just about the same as you do on your thirteen random thoughts for today!

About the guy and the interview thing though - I really can empathize with him as from 1994 to 2003, when I became disabled, I couldn't buy an interview for a job, much less get hired it seemed! Does give you a lousy self-image when that keeps happening time and again too! But the "cheeseburger" comment was really priceless! Hope your mini-rant relieves a touch of stress there too! (Giggling over some of your comments still, I am!)

March 08, 2007 9:53 PM  
Blogger Spoon of life said...

Point 5 is too funny...and very true as well hahaha;)

Have a great one;)

Maria

March 09, 2007 10:48 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Yay! The Empress is back!

Bob-honestly I tried and tried but kept failing.

Jeni-I didn't realize this was a rant 'til you showed it to me.

Maria-thanks for visiting.

March 09, 2007 3:30 PM  
Blogger Spoon of life said...

Always a pleasure to stop by at your "place";)

Maria

March 10, 2007 7:55 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Cool list Big Sis, and I think about #11 all the time.

And I hope this doesn't mean anything, but me and Paz once received a letter from the people who make Judge Judy about a small case we had going on at the time and they wanted us to call them and discuss whether or not it'd be good for the show. They agreed to take us on the show until we started making (intentionally) outlandish requests like extra plane tickets and accomodations for several friends and limousine transport around chicago AND an autograph session with the Chicago Bears and tickets to Oprah.

I wonder why they changed their minds. :)

March 11, 2007 6:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't help snickering at #13. You saved the best for last.
One of my best friends is also my dentist. So he chats with me while cleaning. I drool and moan uh or uh huh once in a while.
As a doctor myself I'll tell you sometimes we have to be careful not to say inane things like "Looks good," during certain parts of the physical exam. Fortunately I don't do many physical exams any more.

March 12, 2007 3:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm back. #10 inspired a post of my own. Just a little gynecologic story of my own with a high gross out factor. Thanks for the inspiration.

March 12, 2007 4:26 PM  
Blogger Lizza said...

Appalling how people seem to be much more rude nowadays.

Laughed at #5! I'm not that kind of mommy though. :-)

March 14, 2007 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home