A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

This & That Thursday #2


I've been following the story of the loner who attended a protest during the POTUS' visit here. One of our news stations interviewed the guy who gave a litany of reasons why he hates the POTUS. All I can do is shake my head because loner guy's so lost and he's a brother. I can't imagine what his family and friends are thinking now, especially since one of them ratted him out to the media.

Speaking of the Obama family, the 1st Lady and her family viewed the Grand Canyon wearing shorts, tank top and cotton tee. I was surprised to see her outfit and thought she could have made several better choices to hike the Canyon. Perhaps beige carpi's and tank w/long sleeved cotton man's shirt. When she was digging the White House garden she looked better than this. If I had money and the country's best designers on speed dial, I'd be out there in a Valentino sleeveless dress, gloves, a Lauren "Ricky" bag, Loboutin heels and a huge hat. Or like this beautiful outfit. I wouldn't look like I was making a quick dash to 7-11 for a lottery ticket.

Speaking of dressing faux pas, I've been interviewing for the Dept and have noticed that people no longer dress for interviews. I've interviewed people with their bras clearly showing, cleavage almost to the navel, midriff skin and back end tats. Did I miss the cultural memo that dressing for a job interview is no longer important for landing that job? Or maybe I'm just not in with the times. Sigh.

My aunts in Boise are both still in hospital however the seriously ill one has been taken from ICU and placed in a regular room.Unfortunately she's being moved to a rehab/convalescence home. There's no one to give her all the care she's going to need. My family has to make some seriously hard choices. But it's something we must all go through at one point in our lives.

I haven't seen the little feral strays in the last couple of days. The milk's gone in the morning but I'm not certain who's eating it. The jar of baby food wasn't eaten so I don't know where they're gone. Hope they're okay though.

Well, it's late or early depending on where this is being read. Steve Lawrence is crooning and my eyelids are getting heavier. Off to bed for me. Tomorrow may not come, but if it does, it contains four meetings and one interview. Wonder what this candidate will be wearing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Now Debo, you know if the First Lady got all her clothes from those designers and spent what would be a medium-sized fortune to do that, then the media and the conservatives especially would be all over her for spending all that much money on clothes! Here's hoping the aunt in the rehab/convalescent center has good staff caring for her and things all come together for her and your other aunt as well.
Peace.

August 20, 2009 2:12 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

I was thinking how all the media attention on how Mrs Obama (and other political women) dresses says a lot about the way we still view women

on a far too shallow basis

I love the fact that she is so comfortable in her own skin

sending good thoughts and hugs for the aunts

August 21, 2009 9:06 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I would imagine there was a designer label on her hiking outfit. I will defend her tho, honest I will. I want to be comfortable when I hike and damn if she didn't look ready to do that deed. I think there is such a media call to women being Ms Hollywood that it fills me with disgust. I have always done my own thing where fashion is concerned. Yea I wanted GUESS jeans (who didn't) but more important I wanted Jeans that fit and looked great! I found Bill Blass jeans were my calling in high school and my first round of college. They were $25 a pair (a little more then K-mart jeans) and only available at Macy's but they fit and I literally wore them until they frayed or zippers busted. I always tried to look nice. I think Michelle Obama pulled off looking nice and practical at the same time. I don't think she looked like she threw on rags to run a quick errand. Did I ever tell you about the day I brought Mandy to school (in my PJ's) and got a panicked call to get milk? I had to run into Walmart in Pink PJ pants (with candy canes on them) and a pink spag strap shirt (and over sized blue slippers) with my glasses on and hair all akimbo? worse yet I saw two people I knew! So, yea, Mrs Obama looked good.

August 26, 2009 2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home