A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Farewell to the Cowboys 2008 Season

There are several things that I hate doing. Not because I'm lazy but because it's sometimes painful, humiliating and runs the risk of changing my relationships. Take watching football for instance. Regular readers to this site know I'm an avid Dallas Cowboy fan. Most of you know a game loss can really get me in a bad mood. You know that I scour the 'Net reading up on the 'Boys and following analysts commentaries (even though I don't agree w/most of 'em) on how the 'Boys can improve.

And I can spar with the best of 'em when it comes to defending the 'Boys because I've read up on them and know pretty much all the team's stats, star players, coach's blood type, home address, SS#. Um, maybe I shouldn't have told you all that. The point I'm making is that I know my stuff when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys.

Today I watched the Cowboys lose to the Eagles in one of the worst-played, highly anticipated, "win and you're in" games of ten seasons. I had to sit through that game, in my brother's living room and listen and watch as he and his wife laughed, shrieked, clapped, dance around and do everything short of headstands pretty much each time Tony Romo and the offense took to the field.

At the beginning of the game when it was 3-3, I was smug just sitting there rolling my eyes because I knew Romo would not let me down. And even though I despise some Dallas players, I didn't think, couldn't imagine everything I would be subjected to over the course of the next three 15 minute quarters.

And so now here I sit wondering how to release the brake fluid of my brother's Suburban so that when we go visiting tomorrow and he steps on the brakes in this ice....
Okay, maybe it's not that bad. Maybe I should just put itching powder on the bathroom tissue. Or maybe I can start a small fire around his Christmas tree. No! I got it! Vick's vapour rub in the crotch of his underwear.

While I'm thinking of ways to make them pay (cue scary music, give screeching witch laugh), I wanted to share pictures we took last night after bowling but Blogger's not allowing any pix tonight.

Bowling was fun. There were about ten of us and I scored an impressive 44 points. I'm getting really, really good at bowling. Who says black people don't bowl?

10 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Well Debo, I have mixed emotions about this post because as you know, I'm a dyed in the wool Redskins fan and show me a true-blue Redskin fan who doesn't absolutely hate the Cowbowys. But, I do have to say (to quote a very famous person who used to say this a lot) "I feel your pain!" Been there, had that happen to me me on many occasions with my beloved 'Skins -often (all too often) at the hands of the Cowboys or the Giants -another big nemisis of the 'Skins!
I did have to chuckle a good bit about some of the options you were mulling over to use to get even though.
Just remember -there's always next year! Or as seems to have been my team's case for some time, the year after that maybe. Trust me, kiddo, better days are coming.

December 29, 2008 2:01 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Forget the Vicks Vapo Rub. Try Ben Gay that does not have a strong scent. An old locker room trick and I will say that these folks will never bother you again about your beloved Cowboys!

Peace!
Keith

December 29, 2008 9:56 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

44? Quick lesson: Stand three steps from the line. Hold the ball with your hand in a position that if the ball were not in it, you could raise it to shake my hand. Line up so that you will release the ball toward the second to the outside diamond, left or right depending on your handedness. Don't worry about speed, the ball will meander towards the pocket.

Spares are another lesson.

December 29, 2008 3:49 PM  
Blogger Citizen Ojo said...

Yes, the game yesterday was one of the worst beatdowns that I have laid eyes on. I think Jerry Jones is going to have to do some soul searching and get rid of some dead weight. The players that they keep need to have a fire lit under them to keep them from being lax. The threat of losing your job to another person should do the trick. Also some help in the secondary wouldn't be so bad.

December 29, 2008 8:05 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

I can't think of anything snarky to say here; the final score speaks for itself. The key word for the Cowboys in 2009: Teamwork. Also, it's time to realize that Tony Romo is a good quarterback, but he's never going to be great.

December 30, 2008 1:43 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Jeni-yeah you're right. The Redskins. Okay I won't go into more.

Keith-in my weakened state YOU are supposed to be the brother that says "No, Debo" (smile)

Dave-thanks for the bowling tip. I'm still impressed w/my 44 score (raising hands in the Rocky stance).

Ojo-Jones should do more than soul search. He needs to give up his dram of rehabilitating idiots and get him a working team. The Cowboys are like the Yankess now-all that money, all that talent and nothing to show for it.

Dr.S-thanks for not hitting me while I'm down. I'm giving you a telepathetic hug and head on shoulder right now. But I have to confess, I won't do the same if the Titans mess up (wink).

December 30, 2008 10:09 AM  
Blogger fermicat said...

You've got Tashard Choice and that man has MILES and MILES of heart. (Of course I am biased. I love that guy. But Dallas is lucky to have him, truly. I hope y'all appreciate him.)

December 30, 2008 7:03 PM  
Blogger uglyblackjohn said...

Oh...you like the Boys?
Well, at least you're not a Detroit fan.

*If your bowling score is lower than your golf score - you're probably pretty bad at both.

December 30, 2008 7:52 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Fermi-we do have Choice and Witten but we have to do something about special teams. And offense. And defense.

UBJ-have you met Dave? You both commented about my bowling skills. I said I'm getting good, not arrived yet:-)

December 30, 2008 11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

November 24, 2009 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home