A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Friday, December 12, 2008

Walk A Day In My Shoes-2


If you've just joined me, I'm doing a serious of posts about one of my days. The first post dealt w/me waking and cooking breakfast and some of the thoughts that ran through my mind. Today's post takes place after breakfast, getting ready for work. Something I noticed when I was taking notes for this post is I change my mind. A lot. I even got on my OWN nerves (hee hee). Anyway, here's the post:

That was a good breakfast, if I have to say so myself. I wish I didn't have to go to work. I wanna just get back in bed and curl up w/some of the new books I bought or surf the 'Net, but somebody's got to pay these bills. Maybe I'll feel better after the shower.

Where's my towel?

Let's see, do I feel like a hot shower or just lukewarm this morning? Hmmm, no noticeable shoulder or back pain, so lukewarm it is.

"Start at the top and wash as far down as possible. Start at the bottom and wash as far up as possible. Now wash possible." I think this is from Langston Hughes' play, but I forget.

This water feels nice. Washing neck and chest area. Lift first 'girl' and scrub down and around. Rinse. Lift second 'girl' and scrub down and around. Rinse. Lift this huge belly and wash around down there making sure to rinse well.

What's my first meeting this morning? I think Susan's at 4p, the call's at 2p.

Shampoo time. Which do I feel like today? Let's go with the Motions.

[About four months ago I cut my hair short like a guy's and it's grown out about an inch. Now I have to coat it w/this gel stuff so that I don't look like Esther Rolle, may she rest in peace. I want to cut my hair back as short as it was but because I'm going to Boise at the end of the month I don't want to kill my aunts who absolutely hate women w/short hair. It's a Bible thing. Besides, I need some fur to help ward off the cold.]

Shower and hair dressing's done. It's still chilly in this bedroom. Wonder if Wook's up yet. Well she will be when this iPod goes on.

Ok, what am I wearing today? Here's that red & white polka dot dress but what jacket should I wear w/it? That knit cardigan's dirty.

Here's one of the jean skirts. It's not Friday but what the heck? Hmmm, I'd have to iron any one of these blouses so they're not gonna work. Ah, I can wear that pink blouse! It's a bit thin but I'll just wear my cloak when I go out.

Crap, the phone's going off again (frustrated sigh and grabbing the phone). It's XXXX texting me she's gonna be late. Again. Whatever hon. You'll face the consequences, not me.

Let's see, makeup time. Are we wearing neutral eyes/bold mouth or neutral mouth/bold eyes? What matches the outfit? Neutral eyes.

Jewelry? Of course, I'm naked without it! This new set is pretty but what's wrong w/this clasp? Too tight. I'll just add one of these extensions. Still too tight. Cursed fat cow neck! Where's the other extension? I cannot believe I've wasted twelve minutes on this cheap jewelry! C'mon girl, get you slow butt moving!

Sniff. Niece's up, I can smell the coffee brewing.

Let's see, who's my first meeting this afternoon?

Photo courtesy of Bernie32@Flicker.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Smalltown RN said...

OH I like that post.....kinda of what goes on in my mind all the time...never thought about putting it into words....nice very nice....

Hope you had a great day.....tomorrow's post will be about where I have been and why I hadn't been posting...hope you stop by...

December 12, 2008 10:45 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

This post had me laughing out loud. Funny stuff.

December 12, 2008 1:28 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Hey, this is just like 24!

December 13, 2008 7:28 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

I love the internal dialgoue!! sounds like what goes on in my head

this was so much fun to read :)

December 14, 2008 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home