A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I Think Hell Is Beginning to Freeze


When you consider all the changes going on in our world, particularly US, it makes you wonder just what's going on?


New black president.


Finally falling gas prices. Although not $2.00 like in Southern states, I was still more than glad to pay $2.57 for gas last Sunday.

The Age of the Aged Quarterback. Brett Favre and Kurt Warner of the New York Jets and Arizona Cardinals respectively are leading their teams to incredible starts.

Oprah's fat again.

But of all the strange, weird and wonderful things going on, nothing can top my brother allowing me to drive his truck. Yes, you heard it hear first, my brother-a Black man-gave me the keys to his Infiniti E56 and let me drive it to that wedding I told you about a few posts back.

I couldn't believe it! The day started out as just another day except my nieces were here and we were fighting for bathroom space. My car was parked in driveway but two cars were behind me with my brother's truck being the last one out. While we were trying to organize everyone to get out to my car so that we wouldn't be late (maybe I should add that I was screaming and barking out orders) my niece discovered she couldn't locate the keys to her car, the car that was directly behind me.

My brother, being of sound mind and body casually handed me his keys and asked, "You wanna take my car Sis?"

Of course I thought he was just being cruel because he knew I was ready to go and becoming more aggravated while the twins looked for car keys. I think he could read my true feelings in my look. The look that said, "I will beat your a-- right now if you don't stop messing with me." And because he's been with me almost 34 years, knowing I'm a punctual person, knowing that I HATE waiting for people, knowing that everybody's gonna be in a bad mood in just a few minutes because I'm about to go all the way off, he said "Seriously Sis, take my truck."

So, I hefted my fat butt up in the seat after he had adjusted the seat and mirrors, turned on the guiding system (sorry, can' remember what that's called), and showed me how to work the stereo, gave one more call out to the twins and we were off.

I'm still amazed. Amazed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

You -and the twins - in a big old pickup truck, going to a wedding? Initially, I was having a difficult time envisioning this but then, it came to me. I'll betcha the three of you together in that truck were having one high old time then driving around, weren't you? We you all laughing -whopping it up? Something about vehicles like that, especially when we aren't accustomed to driving 'em, and if we have even just one close friend or family member along for the ride, it turns us into being raucous, crazy people then. Why is that? I know, it does that to me!

November 12, 2008 9:57 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Maybe he was angling for you to put in some extra gas.

November 13, 2008 7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...I laughed out loud at you saying "you were about to go all te way off.."

Never,ever make a sista go "all the way off"...it's dangerous..lol!

November 19, 2008 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home