A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Not Feeling Well


Left work early tonight, my throat that started as a bit scratchy and tender yesterday is full of that yucky white puss that coats my tonsils and makes turning my head a real pain. And then I had a coughing attack and thought I was going to pass out! My sister thinks it's streph throat but I don't think so. I've had streph before and this is no where near that pain.


So here I sit in my favourite chair, listening it iTunes (they've just changed their format to the new Touch display so the site looks AWESOME!). Right now Alabama's "Forever's As Far As I'll Go" is playing. Sade's next.

I tried watching T.V. but I don't have the patience. Most of you know I work nights and don't Tivo anything so this evening line up of shows is foreign to me. And, I'm one of those people who change channels during commercial breaks to watch other shows. One show did catch my interest only because of how stoopid it seems to me- "Pushing Daisies". I've never seen the show, don't know anything about it except that tonight two nuns were in the convent cursing and drinking while in Prayers, and everything seemed like a Forties radio show with pictures. I won't be seeing that one again.

"The Practice" was the next and that seemed too dreary to watch. Warning: playa-hating upcoming...Here I am sick and tired and I have to watch these thin rich doctors who work in this fabulous-looking doctor's office lament about their lives? Nope.

So here I am, reading blogs and playing Mahjong.

If you haven't already done so, stop over at Jeni's and wish her a very peaceful, very happy birthday. She's amazing!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Oh Debo - so sorry to hear you're a tad under the weather. By the sounds of things, I think a visit to the doctor would do you quite well. Don't mess around with a bad sore throat and not being able to move your neck too. Best to go with the safe side there, kiddo!
And thanks again for the birthday wishes! You're the lady who always amazes me, ya know!

October 08, 2008 11:18 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

You just bashed 2 of my favorite TV shows LOL

but I DVR everything, bit of a TV junkie

FEEL BETTER!!

October 08, 2008 11:39 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Blogs and mahjong are better than 99% of TV, so you made a good choice. I hope you feel better soon. It is never a good time to be sick.

October 09, 2008 4:08 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Jeni-my sister bullied me into calling the doc. I'll go see her tomorrow to make sure I haven't inadvertently infected a few hundred people w/streph.

Dianne-ignore my uppity attitude towards TV. My favourite show is Friday Night Smackdown. How tasteless is that?

Fermi-I read your comments over at Dave's about you and PDM fighting. You're hilarious!

October 10, 2008 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home