A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Saturday, September 06, 2008

My Crowded Bed


I'm having troubles sleeping.

Not because of bad dreams, insomnia or stress. Well, sometimes those do affect me but not for this post. I'm having trouble sleeping because my bed's becoming more and more crowded.

Each night I lay down with my laptop, my iPod shuffle, any magazine or book I was reading or had intended to read before falling asleep, the remote controls to my other iPod and TV and DVD player and my life-sized cutout of Dave Baptista. I've got to get rid of some of this stuff because it's bothering me. Let me tell you how all this ended up in bed w/me.

Well, the last few months I've had troubles that have prevented me from being able to rest or sleep at night. I've tried several prescription meds. Most failed except the real strong ones. Because I don't want to become addicted to any medications, I began trying to find my own ways of falling asleep.

I tried reading the Bible, especially the Books of Numbers and Leviticus. Trying to get through all of those "...who begat LLL who begat MMM the son of NNN" should put ANYONE asleep right? Well, sometimes.

Then I tried reading O. The articles are usually quick and informative and won't cause too many brain patterns to scramble. Didn't help.

Next I created a Shuffle of relaxing music that I could play quietly while counting sheep. That worked for a little while but I'd find myself either choking myself with the earphone cords when turning over in my sleep or laying upon the earphone which caused my inner earlobe to hurt.

Then the laptop. I got this crazy idea that playing Mahjong could help me fall asleep but I'd get so into the game that if I kept losing w/low scores I'd be too frustrated to sleep! Plus, if and when I did wake up and couldn't fall back to sleep, the laptop would be close by to pull up to watch Olympic scores.

I should point out that I have decided on changes to make immediately:
1) I'm going to put up the laptop for the night
2) No more magazines
3) I'll use the alarm clock radio which will click off after 90 mins instead of the iPod

Baptista stays.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dang. Welcome back. I slipped over after I saw your comment. I have missed my favorite internet hot chick.

One thing that helps me sleep well is hot wild sex. I have not slept well in 18 years.

Glad to have you back.

Later Y'all.

September 07, 2008 1:29 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

MC-that's what the Baptista thing is for:-) Favourite internet hot chick? Well, I have always been a sucker for ex-cop turned produce manager turned musician men.

September 07, 2008 10:23 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Glad to see you have your priorities set right there as to what goes and what stays in your bed. I would think Dave Baptista would be quite comforting.

September 08, 2008 5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home