A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Nothing To Write About


A quiet day in the cactus patch today. Unless you count the multitude here for the Super Bowl, the Phoenix Open and the numerous stars, musicians and others here for the pre-Super bowl events.

Me? I'm just sitting here this afternoon wondering what to do to occupy my time. It's a toss up between washing dishes, vacuuming, finishing that Robert Parker mystery or putting a fresh coat of polish on my toesies. Rather than any of that, thought I'd see what the Bloggies have been up to and post about boredom.

My aunt Mary is in town from Boise for a few weeks for her annual visit. My estranged sister and her baby daughter are coming next week to see what's left of our relationship. Things have already become more tense because I felt the need to tell her not to expect a celebratory mood from each person and she threatened to cancel the visit because of my comments. If she knew what I really wanted to tell her she'd think twice about calling and visiting.

Eight years to be without any communication for your family is ridiculous to me! Then to think she can just waltz back to Phoenix and receive greetings like the Prodigal Daughter is more self-absorbed than even I can imagine. So, I have mentally vowed to be as absent as I possibly can during the week she's here.

I have a best friend David who's a sports enthusiast as the purchase of a new 58 inch TV specifically to watch the Super Bowl will attest. He's preparing a big party with plenty of food and of course, plenty of drinks. I'm not going because I've got a super cold, and I don't want to be around him when he's drinking too much. I'm sort of worrying about him because he has to attend AA meetings as part of his probation (he's received two DUIs in two years) and he has to take a urine test. I just don't want his test to be positive and get him in more trouble. But what can you do? He's a grown man.

Well, that's about it for now. Maybe a post later today after I clean the dishes, finish that mystery, vacuum and polish my toes.

14 Comments:

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

THAT'S what i can do! my toes!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

February 03, 2008 2:12 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Your quiet sounds like the calm before a storm. I hope the sister visit goes well... for YOU.

It isn't toenail-painting weather here just yet. Maybe another month or so before the sandals come out...

February 03, 2008 5:14 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Empress-great minds think alike:-)

Fermi-thanks for the support. I'm gonna make myself scarce while she's here. I don't need all the drama!

February 03, 2008 5:44 PM  
Blogger Lizza said...

That was pretty good for someone with nothing to write about. I hope the reunion with the sister will be as pain-free as possible.

Hmmm, my toes need polishing too.

February 03, 2008 8:29 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

I have a very problematic relationship with one of my brothers. He's forever cutting the rest of us off when he doesn't get his way.

Detaching from the drama sounds like a smart move.

I'll be thinking of you.

and doing the toes and then reading sounds great.

February 03, 2008 9:00 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Lizza, you know how it is, one thought leads to another.

Dianne-it's a good thing I work nights. I can miss the tense family dinners with my sister.

February 03, 2008 9:50 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Well, did you get it figured out Big Sis'? You know what I did Sunday.

Thank goodness for the Giants!

February 05, 2008 12:20 PM  
Blogger CaRo said...

Hi!
How are you? it was a lot of time since the last time I pass through you blog!
I hpe you are OK

bye bye

February 06, 2008 12:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ok. I can help with the sister thing. Eat all the beans, broccoli, eggs, cauliflower, mexican food and fiber you can the day before she gets here.

Take her on a drive in the country during the coldest part of the day when the windows need to be up. Let nature take its course. If she bitches, offer to let her walk home, but no matter what, don't quit farting.

Dang, If I lived closer, I would help. I am already pre charged with extra "propellant"

Its just a thought I had that might help. Hope all goes well for you though.

Use the cheapest beans you can get, they work better.

Later Y'all.

February 07, 2008 4:18 AM  
Blogger Lucinda said...

Now that meloncutter's got me lauughing there's no way I can write a serious response. I just wanted to say good luck with your sister, I hope she doesn't cause too many problems with the rest of your family, and I hope you're feeling better. I also hope your friend's party went ok. My broter is usually the one who throws SuperBowl parties and I usually go though I hate the game; he couldn't have one this year because he had to work.

February 07, 2008 6:42 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Hi Debo.

February 28, 2008 5:05 PM  
Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

where are you debo??? everything okay honey?

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

March 06, 2008 3:49 PM  
Blogger who wouda thunk it?? said...

Gebo, I am not a regular reader of yours, the only "credentials" I can give you is that I am proud to be close with Empress Bee and her hubby Sarge. The things you said about your sister hit home with me.
I AM that prodigal child in my family. I have a polite relationship with my Mom, I talk to her maybe three or four times a year, some years not at all, same for my sister, and she lives right here in town. I have my own burdens to bear in this family and my own emotional scars. We all "survive" (if you will) our childhoods. I think it is safe to say that altho you have the same parents, you do not have the same relationship with them.It may be that whatever has made your sister feel left out, pushed out , or just plain OUT side your family is more than she can even understand. I do know one thing, no healing can happen until forgivness is given. Give her a break, use the grace God has given us and try once more, if you cant , for your own good ,and hers, accept that she cannot be close for some reason that you may never know. It is very hard to be alone, I know. I please, dont take it personally, I just wanted to say this because I hope and pray that is not how my sister thinks of me.

March 30, 2008 5:44 AM  
Blogger who wouda thunk it?? said...

Debo...Sorry for the typo(prior comment) on your name honey! I didn't see it till I hit the button and it posted.

March 30, 2008 5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home