A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Friday, April 11, 2008

Just Some Rambling Going On In My Head

Here's a picture of the birthday girl (in pink) on Easter Sunday. My godmother is in the white.


Nothing in particular to write about today, just some odds and ends going on in my head. I should add a disclaimer that the thoughts and views of the this blog do not necessarily represent the views of Blogger.com. I got that message this morning when logging on. Don't know why, maybe some lawsuits going on somewhere?

First off, it's Mommy's birthday! The Triplets came down from Vegas to help celebrate and we (me, Momma, Godfrey, Wooka and the Triplets) went to Momma's favourite steakhouse "The Stockyards" for good food, great service and good time. After dinner we all retired back to the house to watch Tyler Perry's lastest play "What's Done in the Dark". Surprisingly we all watched the full play w/nary an interruption. something that's never happened in our house before.

The economy is forcing me to become a Walmart shopper because food prices at Safeway and Fry's, my favourite grocery stores, are so crazy expensive. Couple this with paying $3.23 for a gallon of gas that I have to cut costs and right now Walmart seems the only feasible solution. Last week I even looked at the coupons that come in the local newspaper to see who has the best sales.

My sister's a big fan of shopping at the .99 cent and Dollar stores. I've usually shopped at these places when I need paper plates and forks and things but she's found savings on everyday foodstuffs like bread and milk so I may incorporate these places in to my shopping outings. These plans all sound good now when the temperature's 83 degrees. Y'all know I'm not doing all this running around when it gets 118 degrees outside!

Well, time to go see what everyone else is doing today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I tried Walmart last year when a Super Walmart opened near me. I found that for the most part, the selection was poor and the over all cost was about the same as shopping at Kroger, which I'm now back to doing.

I'm jealous of your gas price. Our's just went to $3.35.

April 12, 2008 10:02 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Walmart is good for some things but I'm not all that crazy about most of their meat selections and much prefer the local grocery store -a smallish chain -as their meats usually are nice, rarely tough and when they have meat on sale, it's almost always an excellent price too so I tend to stock up there when I can. Gas prices here I think are either $3.29 or $3.39 a gallon -not sure what I paid on Monday when I actually filled the tank.

April 12, 2008 4:04 PM  
Blogger Quasi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 13, 2008 3:31 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

I love the photo of the beautiful ladies all decked out. Fabulous hats!

April 13, 2008 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home