A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Spring Is Here!


Ah Springtime in the desert!

If there's anyplace more beautiful I haven't found it. Every thing's "more" in Phoenix during our brief Spring, usually between March 1st and April 30th, after that it all goes to hell.

In Spring we have beautiful green lawns, flowers and cacti are blooming, our mountain preserves are covered with a soft mossy grass that tempts a quiet stroll and long conversations. Coupled with the rich smell of freshly mowed lawns and blooming citrus trees, the air around Phoenix is usually filled with the aromas of hundreds of charcoal and gas grills burning everything from chicken to barbecued ribs to grilled fish. If it can be cooked on a grill, Phoenicians are grilling it.

I love our springtime sunsets. It seems to me the sun's rays take on more vibrancy during this time. The purples are purpler, the oranges orangery. My office window faces westward so I'm blessed to see an outstanding display of colour each night. Yeah, I know that all those colours are comprised of gas fumes and other pollutants but give me a break, I'm waxing poetic here:-)

We had a lot of rain here in February which produced acres and acres of green weeds, or as my mother calls them "landscaping profits". Although the weeds have now become a pain and unsightly mess, they were very useful this Easter when hiding Easter eggs. I'm telling you, some of these weeds were almost 3 feet high! I still don't know how many eggs are still out there waiting to be found. I'm sure the lawn guys will find them later.

So, I think I'm back for awhile. Life's problems and troubles seem to again be calm enough for me to blog. What seemed like insurmountable odds a few weeks ago are manageable if I just keep my focus.

Now I'm off to see what everyone in Blogland has been doing while I was gone.


Thanks everyone (and Dave) for coming to see about me:-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

FINALLY!!!
Have you really returned? Gosh, I hope so. Thank you for the occasional e-mail telling me to just "hang tight" that you would be back soon. I really appreciated those little heads up, Debo -kept me from overly worrying about you that way.
One whole day of spring in Phoenix huh? We're starting to see little bits and pieces here now that maybe, just maybe, someday soon all will be green and flowering again, sometime soon.

Now, just stay focused kiddo -keep writing and posting. Let us hear your voice again. Like Dave, I do really miss you when you go into hiding like that.

April 05, 2008 10:59 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Hey! Glad you're back, I didn't have time to come out and get you.

April 06, 2008 5:27 AM  
Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well THERE you are my friend! good to have you back!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxooxxoxo

April 06, 2008 7:04 AM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

If Phoenix is really that wonderful this time of year, I'd be outside. I wouldn't be blogging either.

April 06, 2008 9:36 AM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Glad you're back, and with a lovely springtime post. I was just in California and can confirm that the normally dry and brown wild areas are a sea of color right now. Stunning.

I hope those problems continue to look smaller to you as time goes by.

April 06, 2008 2:42 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Yeah Jeni, trying to get back in the swing of things. It feels good being back, I must admit.

Dave-didn't want you to bring your habeus corpus or whatever lawyers use to intimidate the weak. Maybe I should watch more Law & Order?

Bee-rest up. I'll testify that running around and not resting will help you get sick!

Doc S-it's absolutely gorgeous!

Fermi-Cali is pretty but I'm biased. Nothing like the desert in Spring.

April 06, 2008 11:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well Dang!!!! It's about time. I have fretted and stewed and fretted and stewed and been patient as all get out. By fretting I mean the guitar frets and by stewed is it's been cool here and I made lots of stew. LOL

Glad to have you back among us. Keep in touch. I missed ya.

Later Y'all.

April 07, 2008 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home