A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Week (A Review)


This is the end of a month long medically-imposed vacation from work and boy am I sorry to see it end. As a matter of fact last night I dreamt of returning to work. It was a strange dream; my office was in this great, high mountain and to get down I had to place my feet in holes built into the side of the mountain. Although the views were fantastic, I knew I would never be able to leave without a helicopter or other help.

While I never worry too much about calamities that befall the rich, I feel especially sorrowful for the folks that run Lehman Brothers. No, I'm not an owner of Lehman stock, nor do I know any of the rich people running the place. My concern is that another American business landmark has landed in tough times and they're looking -nay- begging for someone to buy them out in pieces. I read one article that said a HongKong banking consortium was deciding whether to buy the company. Hershey's chocolate is being made in Mexico, more and more of our American companies are foreign-owned and I think it's sad.

Governor Palin continues her quest to help McCain become the next U.S.President. It's just my opinion, but I'd rather have Biden a VP than Palin only becuase of his knowledge. I suppose if she and McCain did win the election and he died in office she could surround herself with knowledgeable people. But wow!

I cut my hair. It's very short. My best friend Maria doesn't like it too much. She thinks I should colour it a light brown or maybe an auburn because my dark skin coupled with my dark hair weakens my features. My two best friends Pete and JT think it's pretty cool although JT thinks highlights will work too. My family likes it but my brother's slow to take to it. He's the only one who thinks it makes me look a little "butch". No one at work or church has seen it yet. I'll know their opinions tomorrow and Monday but it's too late now. I like it although at first I wondered what in hell I had just done to myself but the shampooing and styling is reduced to three whole minutes a day so I'm really loving it now. My therapist thinks I cut my hair as a demonstration of control. He's partly correct. Control and I was tired of taking care of it every single God-given day.

You know those 500 or so Texas residents who refused to evacuate and then needed the Nat'l Guard to come rescue them as the storm grew stronger? If I were the government I would have left them right there and not jeopardize the lives of my crew to go get them. For a whole week officials told them to leave but no, they want to ride out the hurricane. Good. Sit there in the darkness treading water and get along the best you can.

Well, as I sit in my hot and sunny state I'll put this up and watch "Forbidden Kingdom" with Jackie Chan and Jet Li. Have a great weekend everyone!




4 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

A medically imposed vacation, huh? Hope you are ok, getting ok or something like that. I think you understand what I'm saying here.
A hair cut, huh? And you did it yourself? I'm impressed! I used to do that fairly frequently -usually to my daughters chagrin (as well as mine too as I sure am no hairdresser). And a means of control huh? Debo, wanting control? Gee, go figure! LOL But when are we going to see pictures of the hair cut?
And I had to give a half-chuckle too over the 500 who chose to sit out the hurricane in Texas, then needed rescuing. Boy, for someone as loving and giving as you generally tend to be, that was pretty hard-nosed there. However, the reason I giggled when I read that -I felt or feel -the same way. The dummies!

September 13, 2008 11:35 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Jeni-when do you sleep girl?? Anyway, just dealing w/everything and needed some time to mend. I'm ready to go back. And yes, I'd probably send some help for the stranded but only if it were safe for my people.

September 14, 2008 12:02 AM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Hope you're doing OK. I forget you're back in business - I need to put you on my blogroll again.

See those idiots around George W. Bush? Those are the same people who will be advising McCain and Palin, something I have to remind my fellow Democrats of sometimes when they get ticked off at Obama for whatever bungles he makes on the campaign trail.

September 14, 2008 12:15 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Dr.S-good point, I'd forgotten all about Bush's Cabinet of Idiots. Well, I am a bit partial to Condoleeza Rice. It's a black girl thing:-)

September 14, 2008 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home