A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Winding Down


Hear that? If you hear the low rumbling of the oscillating fan sitting across the room and Herb Alpert is playing softly through iTunes, you're almost as chill as I am right now. A great weekend after a horribly long and tedious week.

The Triplets came down-two from Vegas and one from Jacksonville, FL. Last July my eldest niece "Bean" was married and moved with her new husband to Jacksonville, leaving her two sisters in Vegas. This weekend she came down to be in her childhood friend's wedding so her sisters decided to surprise us all by coming over to be with us. This led my brother to bring his two children over to spend time with their cousins and "Wilhela's" little one year old Mariah or "Puntin" as she's nicknamed. S0 imagine if you will, three children under eight, running around outside and inside the house, lots of laughter, catching up and holiday planning, cooking something everyone wants and deciding where to eat the two times we went out.

I love having my family around, hence my decision to move to Boise if my employment is severed. Jeni asked for an update about that but I don't have anymore information than I did a month ago. We're all just waiting to see where the axes are going to hit and wondering how we're gonna make it w/o our jobs.

Fred Hammond's on now "You Called Me Friend". I'm excited and scared at the same time about the upcoming layoffs. The first question on every one's lips is "Have you heard anything yet?" or "Has there been any news?" I'm not sure what the hold up with the announcements is because the company announced that we would lose personnel so why not just tell us and put us out of our collective misery? Speculators think the company's waiting 'til after the election, but I think they're waiting to see how much of that bailout pie they'll be able to get their hands on before deciding who gets gone. Lamar Campbell's now playing "I Don't Care What It Looks Like" and that's just what I have to remember-I don't know what my future looks like, but I know what it's going to be.

But back to my wonderful weekend: the wedding was beautiful. It started out with a Scripture reading from the book of Genesis, when God puts Adam to sleep and removes a rib, then a beautifully rendition of the Lord's Prayer. This wedding had a lot of music-the bride sang as she came down the aisle and the groom sang after they exchanged vows. It was simple, sweet and truly lovely.

So, here I lay typing away, listening to my iTunes and just relaxing. Bean left this morning for Florida and her sisters left after dinner to Vegas. Leon Patillo just came on "Don't Give In". I'd forgotten he's in this mix of "quiet" sounds but it's a good surprise. Have a great week everyone. I'll be around to your sites more often this week I hope. Last week I missed some great happenings over at Dr. S's and Jeni's which means I have to visit more often than every four days.

And by the way, the Cowboys won (shout out to Dr. S) and the Steelers didn't. This was a REALLY GREAT WEEKEND!!

PS-Jennifer and Julia Hudson, we're praying for you!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Always love to read your posts when you've had some really good, quality family time! I know how much it does mean to you to be able to reconnect with your nieces, brother and all. The job situation -worrisome, certainly -but you do seem to be handling it all quite well. No sense in getting your panties all in a bunch over something where you have no control. And, I'm sure you're dealing with all this through lots of prayer to keep you centered. You can always say -as I've always told my kids when things get a bit discombobulated -"It'll all be better before you get married again." I know -non-sensical, but it gets the point across to know your priorities. Peace, my friend. Chill some more with the music and memories of a beautiful time with family and friends.

October 26, 2008 11:40 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Thanks Jeni. My new mantra: ..."oh what peace we often forfeit, oh what needless pain we bear." Whatever's going to happen will happen anyway. Had to think about the "next marriage thing" then I got it after you told me not to get it. Gee, I'm too relaxed:-)

October 27, 2008 12:08 AM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Sounds like you may be having some major changes in your life soon; I've certainly had some recently, and all we can do is take things one day at a time.

Your Cowboys done good - just sayin' the Titans are still undefeated...

October 27, 2008 12:54 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Dr.S-I'm a worker bee in the financial world. Things are shaking and tilting right now but I'll survive. I come from strong stock.

October 27, 2008 1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debo Blue,

Thanks for visiting my blog. The wedding sounds like it was really beautiful...I always love going to weddings.

I'm also a Fred Hammond fan, in fact he is doing a concert here next month. I really want to go, because I just love to hear him sing!

It sounds like you have a positive outlook on your job future,no matter what the outcome.

October 27, 2008 3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey amethyst, thanks for stopping by. I've been a Fred Hammond fan since the days of Commissioned. He was in Phoenix a few years back and I went to see him too.

Come back anytime!

October 27, 2008 6:11 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

I hope your changes come because of something you choose to do, rather than something that happens as a consequence of losing your job. Best of luck.

I'm glad someone had a good football weekend. Mine wasn't -- Georgia Tech lost (homecoming at that) and Georgia won. Drat!! But Saturday is another day. We'll see what it brings.

October 28, 2008 5:41 PM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

OH gatherings with family are so much fun...and it sounds like you had a wonderful time.

As for the employment issues...I to think that is awful...but I can understand the economics of it from an employers stand point...I mean if word gets out that they are laying people off...it must mean business is poor and if business is poor do other companies want to be investing or working with them.....

So they leave the employees in limbo...and with Christmas coming that is very hard...trying to plan and budget....these are very hard times.....I wish you well....

October 29, 2008 10:16 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Fermi-the changes are because there are layoffs going on all over my company and I think I'm ready to tell the corporate world goodbye right now.

Smalltown-it is awful being in limbo. Too much time to think. Alas, it's starting so we'll see.

October 29, 2008 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home