A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008


My brother from Idaho came down last Friday and stayed with us 'til early Sunday morning. Aside from driving construction trucks and hauling hazardous materials he's also a pastor so he had to cut the trip short in order to get back to his congregation.


I took Friday off from work to spend more time with him because we just can't afford to see each other as oft as we would like. As a pastor he travels a lot, then he's working and I'm down here working and traveling when I can so we call each other or share emails. So, if I get this downsizing package from work, I'm moving up to Boise as quickly as possible. But back to his visit.


While all four of us were together (my sister and two brothers and I) we decided to take formal studio pictures because we haven't had formal sittings, all of us together, for about two years so it's time.


On Friday when he got in we all went together with him to run his errands, and really spent all day together from 8:30a 'til midnight and didn't fight or snap or snarl. First because we each wanted our short time here to be sweet and we agreed we wouldn't talk about politics -my brothers are ardent Obama supporters, my sister and I are not-, or any aspects of each others' lives -don't point out my shortcomings and I won't call you a loser-.


Saturday we had to separate because of other commitments but we all came together again at dinner, this time with nieces and nephews and other friends. I spent the night with my two brothers and we stayed up 'til 2am, then had to get right back up at 5am to get my brother to the airport by 6a. My little brother lives in Scottsdale road right off of the 101 (Keith, you know the area right?) which is about 45 minutes from Sky Harbor airport.


I didn't go to church Sunday, slept through every alarm and unfortunately woke early enough to watch the Cowboys get played like a craps game in Vegas! My cowboys! My cowboys! And what's worse is a work w/a bunch of HATERs who are suddenly Cardinals fans just because the Cards are having ONE good opening season. Let's see how supportive these people are during playoffs.


It's still early here, about 8:45. I awoke around 7am because of a horrible dream. So I got up and cleaned the bathroom. Now normally, cleaning does nothing for me. It's not a tension breaker or method of relaxation for me. I just couldn't stand looking at that filthy shower and sink another day. Well, after 45 minutes of scrubbing and wiping, I went back to bed for about 45 minutes. Now I'm up drinking Macadamia coffee my friend Pete brought me from Hawaii and reading my blogs.


Hope your week gets better or is going well, folks.

5 Comments:

Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Hey, how's that Pacman Jones thing workin' out?

October 22, 2008 7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr.S is a both a jokester and HATER I see. Whatever Dude! Debo Blue

October 22, 2008 7:56 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Sorry about your bad luck with the Cowboys game but then again, I'm happy about it too cause you know I'm a Redskin fan from way, way back!
And speaking of football, how about my Penn State Nittany Lions this year? 'Bout time they whopped Michigan and sure am hoping they do the same this weekend with Ohio State!
How's the job scene looking there for you -or should I say how close at hand is the possibility of a move to Idaho? The economy and job prospects sure a changing so quickly and on an almost hourly basis lately too -or so it seems. Hope things settle down and do it soon!
Peace!

October 23, 2008 1:32 AM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

See? All I do is mention Pacman...

At least he ain't our problem any more.

Chill, Debo! Your guys won today!

October 26, 2008 7:20 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Yay Cowboys!

October 26, 2008 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home