A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Rambling


I don't know about your week so far but mine has been busy and filled with meeting after meeting after meeting. It seems the company wants to fit as much into these next two weeks as possible before the Thanksgiving break. I haven't worked a regular 40 hour week job in about eight or nine years, so it's not the long hours that's bothering me. I'm used to that. I think what's bothering me more is my time away from my folks during one of our busiest seasons and with all the layoff scares and rumours running rampant.
Just this week I am scheduled for meetings that will have me away from my team and regular work for 20 hours. So when will I have time to complete regular work? After my meetings and at home this weekend of course. I know that this weekend I'll power up the laptop at home, wait for the error messages then call our tech team in India to get help troubleshooting why my card won't read. But I'm not complaining. I haven't had to bring much work home these last few months and really, this is nothing new. Besides, I really can't afford to put off some of this stuff 'til after Thanksgiving because it will impact December's numbers.


It's a few weeks from December and it's still very warm here. I read that the high today was 87 degrees! Who wants to think about Christmas when it's so hot? There's this one radio station that has already begun playing continuous Christmas music 24 hours a day. I refuse to listen to it while I'm still wearing sandals and tee shirts sipping iced tea or riding in an air conditioned car. I just want it to get cool and stay cool already! We had one cold front a couple of weeks ago but that ended as quickly as it started.

Adam "Pacman" Jones is back in the news. He is only important to me because he currently plays for the Dallas Cowboys and has done nothing but prove to everyone but Cowboys owner Jerry Jones how stoopid and crazy he really is. Get this, he had to sit out a WHOLE season because of trouble with the law. Then when Jones picked him up he was given paid bodyguards to do everything but flush and wipe him. So this clown gets drunk, has a fight with one of his free bodyguards and is fined by the NFL. If given the chance I don't know who I'd pimp slap first-- Jones for hiring this clown or Adam for being a clown and giving the haters at work more ammunition to fire at me at the sake of the Cowboys.


So anyway, all is well. Take care of yourselves.
PS-hey Keith, I heard about your generosity over at Jeni's so I got to thinking: since you're in this giving kind of mood, I've got a short list for you. Check it out and I'll pick it up anytime you're ready:+)

7 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

It is too cold here for November. In the 20s the past few night and STILL I'm not ready for Christmas. I wish they would let one holiday happen before they start pushing the next one.

Good luck with all your work stuff.

November 20, 2008 6:42 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Hey Debo,

It's ordered and on the way...heh heh heh! I almost croaked when I saw the price tag.

Have you ever read the book The Shack? Great book. Jeni had posted something about it in one of her posts and so I emailed her asking what her home address was because I wanted to send her something. She gave it to me and I ordered the book for her.

Now I don't think I can get you the Crocodile Spectator Bag as it is not in my budget. But you are a blogger that lives in the Phoenix area and I would be more than willing to take you to lunch or something one day.

Don't worry, my wife will know about it and it's all on the up and up.

Just let me know if you're okay with that and I'll try and set something up.

Peace!
Keith

November 20, 2008 8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dianne-I love having the holidays all lumped together. Gives me a full year to rest up from the craziness and exhaustion.

Keith-Laughing at you! You know the Good Book says "you have not because you ask not." Who knows, one day I might actually get someone to buy me one if I keep asking (grinning).

I'd absolutely love to have lunch with you one of these days. I'd love to talk about the articles you read and publish on your site. I have your email so I'll be contacting you.

Debo Blue

November 20, 2008 8:50 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

And, after you and Keith get through with lunch, if the weather in Phoenix is still too warm for you, there's always central Pennsylvania, ya know. Tonight, we're got some really chilly temps, snow falling -supposed to get between 3 to 6 inches by morning or mid-afternoon -something like that. Right now, I'd be very happy with temps only half of what you had today! That would be a bit of a heat wave to me right now.
Don't let them work you too hard there now. Save up some strength to whoop and holler at those Cowboys and also, to enjoy the first of the big holidays too!
I got our turkey, celery, bread for stuffing and yams today so at least all I have to worry about now is getting it all cooked up next week at this time.
Peace.

November 20, 2008 9:10 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Jeni-at the rate we're going we won't see snow even up in the high country where the ski companies must be praying 24 hours a day.

Because of circumstances I am not looking forward to Thanksgiving so I've just ignored everything about it. We'll see what happens.

November 21, 2008 10:56 AM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Better that Pacman's your problem than ours, Debo. How many games have the Titans lost since we got rid of that fool?

(ducks heavy objects thrown by Debo...)

November 21, 2008 12:37 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Keep ducking Dr.S, but one of these times I'm gonna connect:)

November 22, 2008 1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home