A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful


For:

-still being able to smile after such a horrible year

-the comforts of a peaceful home

-my friends who make sure I'm okay

-my family because I need them more than they need me

-my foundation seems to be repairing (previous post)

-the freedom to pursue happiness and openly practice my religious beliefs

-the right to vote

-being able to sustain my electronic habit: Internet/laptop/iPod/Blackberry/PSP

-being an American where at least I know I'm free

-Lawrence (words cannot explain)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Debo!
Although today -as in every day, actually -I am very thankful for many, many things, too numerous to list -but right now, this immediate moment, I'm thankful that I can walk today! After spending roughly 12 hours, almost constant yesterday, on my feet, in the kitchen, baking pies, attempting an old recipe for walnut sticky buns that didn't turn out quite right but are still edible, cooking supper last night, making stuffing and all kinds of other cooking related stuff, I am feeling really fortunate this morning that although my joints may be stiff and achy right now, they're also functioning!
Now, how was that for a hell of a run-on sentence?
More later -maybe even more run-on sentences that are even longer.
Peace.

November 27, 2008 6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving. It's too bad about your horrible year but you have family and it's possible they may need you a bit more than you think they do. And it seems you have enough distractions with your electronics and Lawrence.

November 29, 2008 12:04 PM  
Blogger Maithri said...

Beautiful words of thanksgiving,

It is a pleasure to visit you here at your place.

Thank you for the light you bring to the world,

With love, M

December 04, 2008 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home