A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Walk A Day In My Shoes


I'm gonna try this series of my daily activities. I was reading an article somewhere about a person who blogged each day his or her diary of EVERYTHING s/he did. I won't be that graphic because I don't want to gross anyone out and I want to preserve a modicum of modesty, no matter how thick the cloak of anonymity is. So, here's a day in my life. Try not to snicker or fall asleep.

MORNING (any morning)

It's already morning and I'm still snuggled next to my new body pillow. I'm hungry. I feel like grits this morning.

Where are my house shoes? Oh yeah, I left them in the bathroom. Groan. Creak. Get out of bed. I've never been this old in my life.

Shuffle to the kitchen after reducing liquid from bladder. Hum, better go through that pile of mail sometime this week.

Do I have any chicken broth that's already open? How come this one's empty?

Where's the spatula? No, I want the big one.

Should I make enough for lunch?

Let me turn down this fire so this stuff won't pop all over me. I should have put on my robe, it's chilly in here this morning.

Crap, the Blackberry's going off already! What time is it? I'll check it later. Don't want it to fall in this pot of hot grits. It's early so it must be Nicole or Bean. Probably a forward of a forward from Bertha.

This looks too runny. Let's get some more water in this. Should have started the kettle so I would have hot water to add to this stuff.

Gotta talk to that girl today. Tell her how close she is to being let go. Her nervousness is rubbing off on me. I feel bad for her but she's killing my numbers and I've done all I can do. She just can't do the job.

Yeah, this is thickening up just right. I'll put some cheese in instead of butter. Let's see, which kind...cheddar or Colby? Cheddar it is.

Where am I gonna find some shoes for Boise? All I have are too then and I don't need cold feet. Cold feet. Should I go to Boise? I'll have to live w/Aunt Mary for a little while but what about not having benefits? Maybe I should stay here and keep living rent-free and find something that pays until I can find something with benefits. Sigh.

Hmmm, this is a lot of grits. Where's that ugly green serving plate? Oh yeah, here we go. I'm glad I didn't give this away. Okay, hot sauce, cheddar all around.

Shoot, I should've put the teapot on but then it'll wake up Niece w/her grouchy self. I'll just drink water.

May as well go through this mail.

Junk.

Junk.

Junk.

Oh here's the new Economist. Love this cover. I'm not renewing this one either, can see it all online and can save that money.

Hmmm, these are pretty good. Think I'll put the teapot on, it's about time for Wooka to get up anyway. Let's see, which one shall I brew this morning?

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Welcome to the club, girlfriend, on the "I've never been this old in my life" scene. And aren't you glad you are "this old" now though anyway? Yeah, the aches and pains, creaky joints and all that are a big old nuisance, for sure, but still, beats the heck out of one of the alternatives. I'm still liking the idea of looking down at flowers in bloom, not up and seeing roots.

As to the go to Boise/stay in Arizona issues, I think if I were you, I'd do me a chart -pros/cons of each place and then, see which side pans out on top for you. (If you haven't already done that anyway.) Just a thought there, that's all.
Peace!

December 10, 2008 11:54 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Jeni-I've done the pros v cons thing and feel in my heart this should be my next step. Still, having no job, no benefits and starting all over at my age sometimes terrifies me. It's just nerves:-)

December 11, 2008 12:52 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

"This looks too runny. Let's get some more water in this."

I'm not a cook; but, wouldn't less water reduce the runny factor?

As to the move thing, you should do what is right for you. That said, I thought that you were only planning on moving if the current job craps out. From what I've been reading, that isn't necessarily the case?

December 11, 2008 6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This series is a great idea...it definitely will allow to see exactly where all the time in your day goes.

I'm gonna keep checking back so I can follow along. You know how folks loooove to be nosy, and I am at the top of that list...lol!

December 12, 2008 5:48 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Counselor, that must have been a slip about the runny/add water. Are you always on?

Amethyst-welcome. I think it's gonna be fun:-)

December 12, 2008 9:39 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Counselor, that must have been a slip about the runny/add water. Are you always on?

Amethyst-welcome. I think it's gonna be fun:-)

December 12, 2008 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home