A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Post Holiday Update-Snow Everywhere!


How was your Christmas? Were you able to relax with family or friends, even if you had to work? We celebrated the birth of Christ and the fact that so many of our family were together again on Christmas. Funny how this year we had gatherings in Boise, Jacksonville, FL and Birmingham, AL. Except for my scrooge-related sister who remained alone in Phoenix, everyone was together at the above-listed locations.

There is snow everywhere here in Boise! Driving up on Christmas Eve we were almost snowed in twice. That experience just about killed me, I ain't lying. Before this trip I'd only seen snow fall twice in my adult life. So to actually have to drive in blizzard conditions was horrifying, not cool. But the Lord blessed my brother to keep a cool head and we kept coming because to pull over would have gotten us stuck 'til the plows ran through. And we made it!

Now I'm sitting in my brother's kitchen drinking hot coffee and watching the snow fall. Big, fluffy flakes. And even though it's late, most of the house is still asleep or quiet so this is the perfect time to update my emails and see what the rest of you are doing or have done.

I won't lie and say that this has been the merriest of Christmas because of my loss and I can't explain further because tears are threatening and I don't want to get down in the dumps this morning. So I'm gonna heat me up some of that turkey and mac and cheese, refill my mug visit the world.
Photo courtesy of Tobi2008

11 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

We had a little bit of snow last week so there was still plenty on the ground Christmas Eve (still is, for that matter) but that night, as my son and I left to go to church at 9 p.m., we got drenched by a heavy downpour of rain! I was ever so grateful -much as I disliked getting a hard cold shower like that -that it was rain and NOT snow coming down that hard or we'd be digging out still come spring! Glad you were able to get through the snow-covered roads to Boise safely though. Now, pile on some comfort food, wrap a blanket around yourself to provide a nice cocoon and warm your mind and soul.

December 27, 2008 11:34 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Jeni-played a little while in the snow, then took a short 3 hour nap. You'd never know I'm on vacation would you?

December 27, 2008 4:07 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

mac & cheese solves so much ;)

it's very warm here and raining like crazy

December 27, 2008 4:46 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Diane-my sister says it's raining in Phoenix but chilly. This snow is amazing!

December 27, 2008 5:18 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Dang, it's 68 degrees here in Nashville!

I hope having your family with you helps make the holiday season easier on you. Be strong. The Lord is with you.

December 27, 2008 7:07 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

That snow photo is amazing. I wish you comfort this holiday season. Enjoy being with your family, and I hope your drive home is far less eventful.

December 27, 2008 8:01 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Dr.S-back at you. He's a Comforter, He truly is.

Fermi-thanks for the well wishes, the same to you and yours.

December 27, 2008 8:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Driving to Boise in this weather! I admire you.
Take care and be of good cheer. I'm sorry for your loss whatever it might be and hope you find consolation.

December 27, 2008 9:06 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Sarala-Driving to Boise seems mundane after your trip to Seattle! I'm still amazed that you had to walk ten blocks uphill in the snow to get to your folks' home!

Thank you for your well-wishes, have a great trip.

December 27, 2008 10:12 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

So, are you are on your way back South? As Fermi said, great picture.

And this year, is one of many. Not a great one, not a good one. And at times a bad one.

Here's to a new year. All the best.

December 28, 2008 4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

November 17, 2009 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home